Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triangular Tabs no longer working on curved contours in 2d contour since CAM update

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Dan_Innes
294 Views, 5 Replies

Triangular Tabs no longer working on curved contours in 2d contour since CAM update

Hey peps. I have noticed since the recent CAM update that triangular tabs no longer work on a curved contour, or a point between two tangent curved contours.

I really was relying on that feature for holding curvy nested parts on jobs that I cut frequently. Triangular tabs are much proffered for me as I can keep the X & Y moving to avoid tool marks on the finished part.  

They do display as being there when selecting the tab locations but the toolpath ignores them.

Hopefully it's just a bug with the new update and this informs the rite person.

On another note I do like the new selection features like silhouette  now available in 2d contour!  when the bugs are fixed it will save loads of time but the silhouette is getting confused with internal pockets in the part... not sure if anyone else has noticed this...?  Would be nice also if chain select wasn't so directional... but I see where ya's are going with these new select features and when the kinks are ironed out it will be epic! Thankyou!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: Dan_Innes

Yes, we are aware of triangular tabs being broken on curved surfaces and working towards a fix.

There is a workaround, if you're stuck:

1) Create Plane at very shallow angle to top surface (.001 degrees should do it)

2) Turn on Tool Orientation in your toolpath

3) Select that Plane to align your Z axis

4) Select your contour. All curves should now be linearized

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
Dan_Innes
in reply to: seth.madore

Thanks for the reply Seth, yeah just wanted to let ya's know, I'll hang out for the proper fix and use square ones until then. Maybe i'll try your tool plane trick if i have to cut that job again before the fix comes 😉

Message 4 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: Dan_Innes

The Tabs issue (on circular elements) has been fixed in the update that went out last night, terribly sorry for the inconvenience!

2023-02-22_06h02_47.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 6

Awesome, thanks for the update!
Message 6 of 6
Dan_Innes
in reply to: seth.madore

Thanks Seth great to know, I'm loving some of the new selection features in 2D contour! Inner and outer loops is so handy! And having individual control of tangential extension per selection chain is great for lots partial chamfers in different directions!

Thanks for your work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report