Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolpath Warning - Lifting Feed Plane to Topmost Ramp

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
oldtbone55
12546 Views, 3 Replies

Toolpath Warning - Lifting Feed Plane to Topmost Ramp

I'm getting the above warning in one of my toolpaths and I realize that it won't affect the operation but I would like to know if someone can explain what this means and what's causing it. I've attached my Fusion file for reference.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steinwerks
in reply to: oldtbone55

In this case your Safe Distance is interfering with your Top Height. Set the Safe Distance to a smaller value than the top height (IE .14") and the warning goes away.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 4
michaelWDJZX
in reply to: Steinwerks

I have found this error seems to be related to Feed Height (Heights tab) being lower than the safe distance (Linking tab)

Not Top Height as stated above. @Steinwerks are you able to confirm this?

I believe the intention is to warn you when you are making a rapid feed (G0) to a distance less than your safe height.

The warning in the message log is not helpful.

Message 4 of 4
Steinwerks
in reply to: michaelWDJZX

This was some time ago, and yes, presumably it can interfere with any height that interferes with the feed height addition on the linking tab. I haven't looked at it specifically in a long time.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report