Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tooling ball on 12 degree in CAM

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
282 Views, 2 Replies

Tooling ball on 12 degree in CAM

I am wanting to put a tooling ball into a fixture on our trunnion and do simple 3 axis profiling. Once the profile is done I want to rotate the trunnion on 12 degrees and use the tooling ball for my coordinate ucs and put in a hole in my part.

This is where my dilemma lies. How do I set the tooling ball as my ucs on 12 degrees? I hope I'm explaining what I'm trying to achieve. I can use the tooling ball but I cant get it set at 12 deg.

GPA Fixture wireframe.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

So I accomplished what I was going for but I dont know if it is the best way. I created a Line leading from the center of the ball (a point in the middle of the ball) to a point a 1/2 inch away in the x axis. Once I had my line I used this to create a plane at an angle and established my 12 degree plane. 

Now I went to Cam and used the plane on 12 degree for my Z axis plane and picked the point in the center of the ball as my origin. Seems to do the trick for what I wanted but am still open to suggestions on what is the best way to accomplish this.

Message 3 of 3
angelo.juras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous. Happy you were able to sort it out.

Are you doing this to establish your tool orientation?  Hard to tell, but it appears there might be a feature that needs this in the left of your image?

If that is the case, you can set it on the geometry tab under "tool orientation".

I know there are other reasons for setting your WCS at an angle so I just need to confirm what you need.

Feel free to share your file if you can, and we can take a look.

2018-02-02_12-56-28.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report