Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool won't fit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chrisCFHNJ
143 Views, 4 Replies

Tool won't fit

I noticed that if I create a slot that is the same dia as a cutter, Fusion doesn't seem to think it will fit. Why not? What tolerance setting can I change to make it work? Even if I cheat and make the cutter .249, it still doesn't work. 

https://a360.co/3CpJUcp

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: chrisCFHNJ

There are no "Slot" toolpaths in the file you are sharing, so we can only guess which slot you were trying (and failing) on. As a test, I tried the .125 slot to the left side of the part and got a toolpath:

2022-10-04_11h02_17.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
engineguy

@chrisCFHNJ 

Or, you can use the "Trace" toolpath, that works as well 🙂 Also works with the 0.25 tool in the 0.26 slot 🙂 File attached.

Test+Cam(1)-MOD.jpg

Message 4 of 5
chrisCFHNJ

I should have specified, I am trying to create a template that will pick up all the different kinds of features that we will be creating, without us having to manually select the geometry. I was hoping that [T2006] Pocket 2 would fit in the .25in wide slot. 

Is there any way to have this auto select? It works, but somehow the slot has to be bigger for it to know that it can fit. 

Message 5 of 5
chrisCFHNJ

Update: I figured out that the tool would not fit because of the type of come in move I was using. When I changed that, the cutter fits. .25in cutter fits in a .25in slot. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report