Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool/Spindle out of position with each other during "Simulate with Machine"

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
christopher_pacific
497 Views, 6 Replies

Tool/Spindle out of position with each other during "Simulate with Machine"

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out a solution to the following: when simulating a job with the machine the tool is in the correct position but the spindle and x-axis carriage are out of position.

The assignments for x/y/z are correct (I believe) in the machine model setup, I've gone back and re-assigned them a couple of times with no success. I've also made sure to fix the machine in the cloud library, then deleted the copies of the machine in the document and re-assigned it from the cloud. No success there either.

I'm including a couple of screenshots and the exported machine config - I very much appreciate the fact that the members here are willing to share their hard earned experience with those of us who are running into problems.

Before job in home position

christopherpacific_0-1715525268275.png

During job

christopherpacific_1-1715525318843.png

christopherpacific_2-1715525332944.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi

The problem is with how you have made the machine in Fusion

You should have NO Move and capture position items in your timeline

alaasW8M6T_0-1715534062070.png

You also have 2 yellow warnings that need to be fixed

I would start over and position all the component with JOINTS

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for attempting to help Laas, I rebuilt the machine free of captured positions and yellow items, using joints only to reposition machine features. The issue still persists the same as it was before - I'm uploading an updated machine configuration and screenshots to illustrate.

christopher_pacific_0-1715559005826.pngchristopher_pacific_1-1715559014953.png

christopher_pacific_0-1715559773345.png

Message 4 of 7

Hi

There seems to be an issue with how the machine builder re-associates  stuff when there is a model change

I find you need to pick different points for the tool and part attachment, then exit machine builder which saves it, then go  back in and move them back to the correct points. then exit machine builder again and its corrected.

try this one attached, you will need to pick the correct post again

Message 5 of 7

In attempting to follow you advice I've run into an interesting issue:

• I go into the machine builder, change the spindle/stock attachment points to a different piece of geometry, then click the green checkmark to finish and exit
  • I then re-open the machine to change it back, and find that that assignments were never changed, machine is still set up "correctly" with the spindle and bed being assigned to the mill and workpiece respectively.

This is bizarre behavior, have you run into it before?

Message 6 of 7

Hi

Now when you select a machine in a Setup it makes a copy of the Definition and the Link to the Library Machine is broken.

When you update the Library machine the Machine in the Document isn't affected.

So what you need to do is remove the machine from the setup and the go to the machine library and delete it from the Document area

alaasW8M6T_0-1715632290321.png

then go to the setup and pick the machine from the library again.

Its a pretty annoying change TBH, it causes alot of problems

Message 7 of 7

Ok everyone, thanks for your help. I got it all figured out - here is some help for anyone who finds this thread in the future:

First, I'm uploading my machine definition for the Anolex 4030 Evo Ultra here - it's got a model (not perfect but mostly dimensionally accurate), it will work with machine simulations.

The long and the short of my original problem is that, despite rebuilding the machine a number of times, something about the original sketch was corrupting it. I started over completely and made sure to not move bodies or "capture position"; all components were assembled with joints. Thanks again Laas for suggesting that was the problem, you were correct.

The issue I was experiencing while attempting to update the cloud based machine profile was based on the fact I was tethering through my phone at the time, be advised if you're on an irregular network and attempting to edit a cloud machine you may not be notified that your changes are not being uploaded to the cloud machine.

A final note, you'll want to use the Openbuilds post processor for this machine (as noted in the machine description). The stock Fusion 360 post processor will cause you no end of pain. Download and instructions can be found at the following link:

https://docs.openbuilds.com/doku.php?id=docs:software:fusion360

Thanks again for your help gentlemen.

christopher_pacific_0-1716049633400.pngchristopher_pacific_1-1716049657794.pngchristopher_pacific_2-1716049680789.pngchristopher_pacific_3-1716049693067.pngchristopher_pacific_4-1716049707500.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report