Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool offsets

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
hato54
1456 Views, 9 Replies

Tool offsets

Can someone please explain how these offsets works?

Offsets.png

/Håkan

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: hato54

The values are to correspond with where the maching control will pick up the length and radius offsets if you are using them.

Normal convention is that Tool #1 with use the length Offset #1 and the Dia/Rad Offset #1

I'm not in the vicinity of my machine to take a picture of the machine controls screen where those are kept.

Some times you may want to use a differnt offset number if you are trying to hit multiple sizes with a single tool. so for one operation you may want to use D1 for tool #1 and on another you are using the same tool, but the tolerance is different, so you want to use a second D comp value, and you can assign it D41 as an example.

Message 3 of 10
hato54
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank You for the explanation Big_Mak

/Håkan

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

I am trying to use different height offsets for the same tool.  in the tool library i can reset the value for a tool height in one operation, but then it writes that value in for all the other setups.

I would like to have it be t1 h1 for fixture one and then t1 h21 for fixture 2 and t1 h31 for fixture three.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

tom

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

You will have to create 3 identical tools and in the post tab type in the offsets you desire.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Will the the three identical tools have the same tool number?

I haven't done much with this program yet, sorry about what may seem to be obvious questions,

thanks so much for your rapid response,

tom

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

is there a copy individual tool button?   I see a copy tool library button...

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I think I got it.  Thanks so much for your help.

I did not see a copy tool button, but I was able to just create another tool the same way.

Have a great day!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Hello Big_Mak,

is there a way to copy one tool at a time?

thanks

tom

Message 10 of 10
Steinwerks

If you right-click on a tool in the library it should allow you to duplicate the tool selected.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report