Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Library - Post Processor - Comment populate w/ 'tool_description'

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Andy_Yi_Shoreline
375 Views, 4 Replies

Tool Library - Post Processor - Comment populate w/ 'tool_description'

Within the Tool Library dialog box for a particular tool (Tool 5 for this example), I'm trying to auto-populate the Comment field located on the Post processor tab with the Tool Description field that is located on the General tab as shown below:

Screenshot 2024-04-21 231516.png

When using the method described above combined with selecting the Show notes check box in the Post dialog box, the results is an (<UNSPECIFIED>) line instead of the text from the Description field mentioned above:

Screenshot 2024-04-21 231615.png

Currently the description needs to be manually copied and pasted from one field to the next, each time the description field gets updated.  I've found that the Post Processor can be modified, but I'd like to see if there is another way to achieve this functionality without modifying the Post Processor if possible.  Thanks in advance, and I hope your day is going well.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The postprocessor takes information about the tool exactly from the line that you have shown. It should be filled with information about the tool. In the description tab, you can leave the details line empty.

Message 3 of 5

Show Notes does not refer to the tool, it refers to the ones in the setup folder, I beleive ( I dont use them, i use manual passthroughs)

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 5
Don.Cyr
in reply to: Andy_Yi_Shoreline

Correct as stated above, those are setup notes. The post has to be setup to output tool description. Screenshot from my Haas post below.

DonCyr_1-1713900057680.png

DonCyr_0-1713899973133.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if I helped with your question or issue.
Message 5 of 5
dvenerio2020
in reply to: Don.Cyr

Can you explain were to add that code? I tried to add the var comment = (tool.description) line but now it says that its invalid when i try to upload that code into fusion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report