Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tonight's silly questions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jimmyUU9ZC
191 Views, 4 Replies

Tonight's silly questions

Ok me here again, have had some good luck so far in nailing my OT Fanuc post, stayed up last night and got it working sweet, and the extra tips on templates and setting defaults is working a treat. 

Next bunch of questions

I can't seem to find an option to use a stop in turning or execute a barfeed. This would be super handy if I could. I can write another post but would like to see if it exists

Is there a way to select all visual toolpaths and hide them all together without clicking the eye button on each individual operation? I'm going to need this when I start getting some bigger milling jobs going in Fusion otherwise it's going to be a pain.

I have only used a mirror toolpath once so far and it went back to 1990 and reverted climb to conventional milling, did I do something wrong or is this just a thing? Powermill and Featurecam retain climb in mirroring.

Anyway, have had a few wins today, thanks again for all the help! - J

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: jimmyUU9ZC

Mirror reverts to conventional milling

No, each toolpath eyeball needs to be turned on and off independent of each other. The default behavior is "off", so I just select the toolpath I want to see when I need to see it

Stop and Barfeed commands are handled through the Manual NC at this point in time. Your post may need to be customized to get the behavior you need. We do have Sub Spindle Chuck and Return if you are using a machine with a subspindle.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

You can use pass through manual NC command to put the barfeed codes. But to get the codes in the nc code you need to edit the post

This link will guide to to edit the post processor to write manual pass through codes in the nc program

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autodesk-hsm/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How...

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the heads up. It might be a useful tool to incorporate as I use this all the time in Featurecam. Like for instance, on long parts you can rough and finish a small section then feed out to a stop and go again. It would be a great feature to have. I can write a post for a generic stop but sometimes i use two or three stop positions if it is a long part that needs a couple of ops and then I part off at Z+1 so I can do it all over again.

Bit of a bummer about toolpath view on off, with some milling ops it's nice to be able to flick through what you have done to keep a mental record of where you are at. With some of my Featurecam projects it  might be populated with hundreds of toolpaths so it's nice to know you can highlight a bunch and then turn them off without a hundred single clicks.

Anyway, thanks again, food for thought - J

Message 5 of 5
DarthBane55
in reply to: jimmyUU9ZC

For mirroring toolpaths: it is a 100% mirror, so like @seth.madore said, climb will become conventional.  However, I have a little workaround for you...  copy the operation, then change it to conventional, then mirror it.  It then becomes climb in the mirror, and you didn't have to reprogram it at all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report