Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tips on backside deburring?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CuttingEdgeManufacturing
310 Views, 5 Replies

tips on backside deburring?

Hey all,

just thinking about purchasing a backside deburring tool from harvey. kinda got it modelled up in the tool library in F360, doesnt quite match up i think, but also just looking for a quick video on programming the backside chamfer. or just general tips and issues others have had, so i can avoid it myself.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Double angle deburring tool, or an actual dedicated backside deburr tool?

If the former, I found that I can tweak a Chamfer tool settings to closely resemble my tool. Using a combination of negative Stock to Leave and other various settings, I'm able to get darn close to what I need. I then save that as a Template and never think about it again. The CAM Simulation here is quite valuable.
For the latter type of tool, I'd suggest going with a Form tool

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6

you got a link to the double angle tool? or any recommedations? i didnt really see a double angle chamfer tool on my catalog for harvey.

Message 4 of 6

https://www.harveytool.com/products/specialty-profiles/double-angle-shank-cutters

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 6

i suggest doing a 45 since the math is simple. i use 2d contour and just drop the counter you want evenly with the stock to leave. ( bottom counter .05 lower, and then -.05 radial stock to leave) add your desired chamfer to the -.025.)

i would creep it in over a few trial runs.

dont forget to make your lead in and out appropriate as well.

I program this the same way i do ID grooves in the Mathe when i cant use my ID groover.

Message 6 of 6
rhdfmail
in reply to: seth.madore

I use a double-sided tool, defined as a form tool AND a regular chamfering-tool.
Since form-tools only can be used with a limited selection of operations. So even if you make a simple 90 degree point its no 2d chamfer for you 😉

Simple solution for making stuff easy for me was to use the form-tool when backchamfering  and a chamfertool with the same diameter for everything else

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report