Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Positioning At Points cannot select points on spline edge of part

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
656 Views, 5 Replies

Tab Positioning At Points cannot select points on spline edge of part

Hello,

I am unable to select the edge of a part to place tabs for 2D Countour. 

I have a feeling that it has to do with the edge being created from a spline but I am unsure.

If I show the Sketch I am able to select anywhere along the spline edge; however if the sketch is hidden I can only select endpoints.

Unfortunately I rotated and scaled the part so the parent sketch no longer coincides with the part body.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
GeorgeRoberts
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for posting. I can replicate the issue here and have created a development ticket with the reference 'CAM-9298'.

As a workaround, are you able to create a new sketch on the face of your part and project the edges you would like tabs on? It seems as though you are able to add tabs from splines in sketches

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: GeorgeRoberts

George,

Thanks for your help! Your solution works great!

Message 4 of 6

I'm have the same problem selecting a spline to add tabs. Can you please explain work around?

Message 5 of 6
MattWynn
in reply to: JeffreyArney

@JeffreyArney :  @GeorgeRoberts explained it:
>>create a new sketch on the face of your part and project the edges you would like tabs on

Improving tabs is on our future roadmap.

Matt Wynn
Senior Manager, Software Development, Fusion Fabrication
Message 6 of 6
JeffreyArney
in reply to: MattWynn

Thank you it works as a work around but a real pain when you have 32 parts nested to do this. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report