Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Tool Change

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
emsjustins
96 Views, 3 Replies

Strange Tool Change

Hi Everyone, 

I'm running into an issue with my CAM output for machining a curved surface. I have 2 tools, the first strategy uses a flat endmill doing a roughing pass (Tool:T4) and the second strategy uses a ball mill (Tool: T13), but when looking at the gcode it shows T4 coming out, spinning up, then switching over to T13 and then half way through the code it switches over to T4 to do the ball mill strategy. 

If I post process only one strategy at a time it keeps the same tool and everything looks fine, but I don't know how the wires are getting crossed here.

Any help would be great!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: emsjustins

If your machine has an "umbrella" style tool changer, you're going to need to turn this off:

2024-07-18_10h18_52.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
AchimN
in reply to: emsjustins

Hi @emsjustins 

what you see there is not a tool change, its the preload of the next tool. You´ll notice that the "second" tool call does not have the M06 command.

If you like you can turn off the preload tool functionality in the post properties:

AchimN_0-1721312399383.png

Achim.N
Principal Technology Consultant
Message 4 of 4
emsjustins
in reply to: AchimN

That was it! Thank you very much, currently at a shop with an old school gcode machinist and me a novice CAM programmer and we both couldn't quite figure out what was going on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report