Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stability Issues...

165 REPLIES 165
Message 1 of 166
LibertyMachine
3953 Views, 165 Replies

Stability Issues...

Anyone else having serious stability issues? Prior to a few weeks ago, I could count on one hand the number of Fusion crashes I've experienced, and those I could always point to something stupid I was doing that lead to it. Now, I seem to be crashing at the least little thing. Go to Model, change a small feature, go back to CAM and click on the Setup. Freeze and Crash.

Open up an Operation, zoom in to select the proper chain. Crash.

Select a bunch of operations and CTRL+G. Crash.

Please tell me I'm not alone in this. You guys all know I love the software, so this isn't a rant, just more a plea out of desperation......

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
165 REPLIES 165
Message 21 of 166
Tianq
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Thanks for the info. Find 6 CER issues since Aug. 12th and all of them are tracked with the tickets. There is one hot CER issue FUS-26873 (windows only issue) we are tracing down that can relate with the stability issue you had after Aug. 10 update.
Dave (Qing) Tian
Message 22 of 166
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Tianq

Excellent! That is good news indeed

Seth Madore
Message 23 of 166
AmishSolanki

Perfect! Thank you! I figured your team would be on top of it asap. I'll keep plugging away. Cheers!

I did notice today however that I was unable to restart Fusion after the crash, unless I restarted my computer. It would constantly hang on the logo screen.
SS CADCAM - www.sscadcam.com
@sscadcam
Message 24 of 166
Tianq
in reply to: AmishSolanki

Thanks, Gujustud. This CER could relate with FUS-26873 which is under investigation.
Dave (Qing) Tian
Message 25 of 166
Tianq
in reply to: AmishSolanki

It could be a side effect of the crash. Let's see if it still happens after the crash is solved.
Dave (Qing) Tian
Message 26 of 166

Capture.PNG

OK finished the selections on my notebook, no real problems. Something I noticed, if you miss a curve when you click there's a pause, the more curves selected the longer the pause don't think the pause got any longer than maybe 5 seconds. Seemed strange clicking nothing freezes Fusion for a few seconds but clicking and adding a curve is instant.

The file's attached, I cleared the toolpath so you'll need to select the op and generate.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 27 of 166
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Crashed again by opening my latest file... error ticket below:

CER_134815723

Message 28 of 166
Tianq
in reply to: Anonymous

CER_134815723 is tracked by another ticket UP-29822. Thanks for sending it.

Dave

Dave (Qing) Tian
Message 29 of 166
bmxjeff

I'm having serious stability issues on my Mac since the Mesh Update. It crashed on me 10 times this morning in about hour. It's almost not usable. There are several issues. All seem to be connected to the "Operation" tree, now the "Setup" tree. One of the problems was:

1. Switch to Model

2. Use Modify to offset a perpendicular surface / move a model conted to the Datum

3. Save and switch to CAM

4. Update the Tool path or edit.

5. Hang.

6. When it restarts, the toolpath is updated, if the file was recovered. 

So, it did re-calculate, but was unresponsive after. 

The other problem that causes crashes is if I'm making rapid changes to the Operations. Clicking the tree, editing ops, and clicking on the model. But, I have not found a direct sequence that can reproduce a crash 100% of the time.  

I'm running a Macbook air with a 3dConnexion device and extra monitor. Worked great prior to the Mesh update. 

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Hooper Machine and Design
[X] AUTODESK AMATUR ORDINARY
Message 30 of 166
LibertyMachine
in reply to: bmxjeff

@bmxjeff Very interesting that you mention your procedure. It is very close to what I've gone through, more specifically, the somewhat rapid editing of operations coupled with moving the part (3dConnexion) while I'm zipping through operations. I was able to go a solid stretch last night by forcing myself to be very deliberate, giving a small pause each time to let whatever background calculation was running, finish.

Seth Madore
Message 31 of 166
Tianq

Stability issue related with FUS-26873 is solved in August 17's update.

Dave

Dave (Qing) Tian
Message 32 of 166
LibertyMachine

I will be pushing through a bunch of CAM tonight (again) and if I no longer have issues I will mark this as resolved. Thank you for the update!

Seth Madore
Message 33 of 166
bmxjeff

It seems that after every major update there are serious stability issues. (They cause me mental instability) If any of those leaked out in the Code to the Machine Tool, it would be dangerous, and potentially very expensive.

For example: the Drilling operation in this past update. It lost it's relation to the "Hole Bottom" and "Hole Top" of the selected holes. (I know what it's like to lose a relationship.) If I would have reposted a program after the update, it would have crashed the machine. And I would have had to start a lemonade stand. 

When I see an update is available I get excited first, then...I am reluctant to accept it. It could cause me serious problems and might not allow me to continue my Machining project. It has happened before : )  But... I can not resist the new features! Why do you do this to me!!

While the team is great at jumping on those bugs quickly, and pushing out another update, (With style @keqingsong) it might be beneficial to setup a user base to squash the bugs before they get to the public. Guys like @LibertyMachine seem to have a knack for it. This might be something you have already done, but perhaps it could be improved.

Thanks for making such a great software, I would not be in business without it!    

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Message 34 of 166
macmanpb

Here the same issue.

• Change the Model
  • Return to CAM-Workspace
  • Recreate toolpath
  • Fusion hangs no response

Message 35 of 166
bmxjeff
in reply to: macmanpb

Hey, just got home and updated. @macmanpb Is right. It crashed the first time I went though my sequence.

1. Switched from Model to CAM

2. Offset and edge use by a 2D contour

3. Switched back to CAM

4. Re-Calculate - hang. 

It's still hanging now. I have not tried this on a PC yet, but it's 100% predicable on the Mac. I'll share any files and provide an info I can to help

Thanks!

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Message 36 of 166
LibertyMachine

It's worse than that for PC (at least for mine). 

Before offset:

Before.PNG

After I offset edge (press/pull) 1" and regenerate:

After.PNG

But, this is a topic for another thread I beleive, as there is already one started on this topic: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/computer-aided-machining-cam/cam-doesn-t-respect-changes-made-to-model...

Seth Madore
Message 37 of 166
bmxjeff

@LibertyMachine

A work around for the contour not updating it to go "through the motions" of moving the part. In the video, I aligned it to something it was already aligned with. The part never moved, but it broke it out of it's cycle.

Check out the attached video to show the odd behaviour. 

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Message 38 of 166
LibertyMachine

You do the hokey-pokey and you turn yourself around.....

Seth Madore
Message 39 of 166
bmxjeff

It's a work .... Around. : ) and around and around

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Message 40 of 166
Tianq
in reply to: macmanpb

Thanks for reporting it. This is a regression caused by recent update. CAM-4634, CAM-4613 are logged to track the issues and are in progress.

Dave

Dave (Qing) Tian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report