Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-20Y C axis chamfering stuttering

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tomL4ANP
338 Views, 3 Replies

ST-20Y C axis chamfering stuttering

Working on a part similar to the one shown below on my ST-20Y with live tooling:

tomL4ANP_0-1637169880239.png

Having trouble getting usable code from fusion, unfortunately its producing hundreds of points which the control stutters on. Smoothing has no effect on reducing stutter.

tomL4ANP_1-1637169929616.png

I have been able produce some interesting results with unwrapping the geometry and using a simple 2d contour, then adding a G112 in the code, however it seems to do some erratic movements in the corners. 

How can I get fusion to post simplified code that won't stutter, any help is appreciated. 

Labels (6)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Don.Cyr
in reply to: tomL4ANP

This may or may not apply to your Haas but on our Samsung lathe we had similar issues when milling and found out we had to program the C-axis brake unlock M-code at the beginning of the toolpath because of the same "studder" motion. Maybe something to try.

Please click "Accept Solution" if I helped with your question or issue.
Message 3 of 4
tomL4ANP
in reply to: Don.Cyr

I appreciate your response, unfortunately the code posts out with a C axis unlock. 

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: tomL4ANP

Smoothing has no effect on C axis moves, and this exact question has been raised internally, but there are no immediate plans on improving this behavior, sadly.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report