Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spun profile problem Failed to generate the profile

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DMC-CNC
117 Views, 3 Replies

Spun profile problem Failed to generate the profile

Hello

Since the last update (Fusion 2.0.20256 x86_64) I get an error when generating the existing program in an existing file (created in 2020 and last used 3 months ago).

I get the error "Failed to generate the profile. Try orienting the x-axis differently, or use model override with a sketch curve."

Changing the X-axis on the setup doesn't solve the issue, the error only disappears when "Spun Profile" is disabled.

Temporary fix is to change the grooving setting in the operations to "Don't allow grooving" and to not use the spun profile.

Am I missing something or could this be a bug from the newest update?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: DMC-CNC

Have you tried adjusting the tolerance to see if that helps?

Also you can select the old spun profile if you uncheck this setting in preferences if you're stuck.

HughesTooling_0-1727800642054.png

Can you copy and share the part that's causing a problem or create something similar you can share?

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: DMC-CNC

Also there is an option in the design workspace to create a spun profile in a sketch under the project\include sub menu.

HughesTooling_0-1727800811561.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
DMC-CNC
in reply to: HughesTooling

I've adjusted the Spun Profile Tolerance from the standard setting of 0.01mm to 0.02mm and now it will generate the profile...

Maybe just a little bug, but this is a workable solution for now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report