Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spun Profile Broken with latest update?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
kevinFZF99
362 Views, 9 Replies

Spun Profile Broken with latest update?

We have a part that is setup off center in a mill turn that we had successfully programmed. With the latest update to Fusion we now get an error due to "no valid turning profile found."

Has anyone else had issues with the latest version failing to generate the spun profile? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
emilie.a
in reply to: kevinFZF99

Hi @kevinFZF99, can you share your problematic file with us, either here or via support?

There has been work done to the spun profile to make it more stable in case where it was not. Unfortunately, this can sometimes result in problems to **** to different examples. We are still working on improving it, so your part would be useful to our development team.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Emilie.A
Software Development Manager
Message 3 of 10
kevinFZF99

Thank you for the quick reply, 

File is attached

Message 4 of 10
emilie.a

Hi @kevinFZF99 ,

Has your version of Fusion updated last week? I was able to reproduce your problem in an older version but the latest update seems to work fine when I regenerate your toolpath. So I am hoping that the problem you've hit is now fixed.

regards,

Emilie.A
Software Development Manager
Message 5 of 10
kevinFZF99
in reply to: emilie.a

My Fusion is up to date according to the Help menu check for updates.

I was able to get it to work by unchecking the "Spun Profile" box in the Preview Features menu. It will not create the spun profile with that box checked.

Thank you,

Kevin Neal

Message 6 of 10
seth.madore

It looks like the Preview Flag for "New Spun Profile" doesn't solve well for this. Turn that off and use the old Spun Profile:

2023-06-06_05h40_38.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: seth.madore

Result:

2023-06-06_05h44_16.png

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 10
sdonaldUYSNK
in reply to: seth.madore

I had the same problem, updating a model design for a program I wrote a month or so ago, a solid part with OD threads, so I need the spun profile. Turning the preview of the new spun profile fixed the problem. The new one has problems.

Message 9 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: sdonaldUYSNK

@sdonaldUYSNK could you share that Fusion file? We're always on the lookout for more Spun Profile issues, this enables us to better tune the algorithm.

Seth Madore
Message 10 of 10
sdonaldUYSNK

https://a360.co/3Cu8JD9 here is the link, I think.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report