Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smooth profile ramp glitch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
epalmerANXTH
274 Views, 5 Replies

Smooth profile ramp glitch

For awhile now we have been using 2D contour to mill an obround hole using ramping.  However it seems that it is no longer working.  There seems to be glitch when milling obrounds that are close in size to the tool diameter.  The obround I am cutting is .2654 diameter with the center to center of .145 inch.  I typically use a .250 endmill for this process but it will not post any longer unless I select keep tool down and pick a pre drill point.  And even then it is no longer ramping.  I can however get ramping to work if I select multiple depths, however the top height is completely bonkers.  It is starting the ramp half way into the material even though I have selected the stock top as the top height .  I tried milling random diameter obrounds using different tools in my library and saw the same issue when milling close to diameter obrounds.  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
scottmoyse
in reply to: epalmerANXTH

If you upload some examples, people will be able to help you with this. 

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Product & Platform Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: epalmerANXTH

There is a current bug that prevents the use of tools that are close to the size of the feature you are cutting (with 2D Contour). The current workaround is to define an Entry point.

If that doesn't work, could you share some examples?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 6

Hi @epalmerANXTH Thanks for feedback. It sounds like a bug which has been introduced and fixed recently. Please wait until next version is avalable and try it again.

Workaround: Specify "Entry point" for Contour2D with empty toolpath. I hope it'll help.

olegtikhomirov_0-1673014675256.png

Oleg Tikhomirov
Software Engineer
Message 5 of 6

Sorry. @seth.madore was faster.

Oleg Tikhomirov
Software Engineer
Message 6 of 6
epalmerANXTH
in reply to: seth.madore

Thanks for confirming.  The entry point fix seems to work for now. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report