Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW TOOLPATHS

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
284 Views, 4 Replies

SLOW TOOLPATHS

I'm attempting to do a rest material 3D adaptive with a smaller diameter cutter after I used a larger one.

the part has a lot of 3D surfacing so I expected it to be a little slow to process.

....but it's been an hour and a half and I've only generated 12%.

....really?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AchimN
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you share your part please?

Achim.N
Principal Technology Consultant
Message 3 of 5
jeff.walters

Depending on the complexity of the part, the amount of material left from the previous tool, the difference in tool sizes, and the size of the part compared to the tool size it could very well take some time to calculate the tool path. As Achim suggested the only way for us to help would be to see the part. The best thing to do is export it as a .f3d file and either post it here or email it to cam.support@autodesk.com.

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: AchimN

I got it figured out and it went through okay but now I have another problem. I finished my part and saved it, then proceeded to purchase fusion 360 since I was using the student version but now I can't seem to find my part anywhere. it's not in the job folder, nor listed under data. By updating to the full desktop version did I just overwrite all previous data?

Message 5 of 5
charegb

Hi Dustin,

did you purchase Fusion using the same email address as you were using to sign in for your EDU account? If not, you would have received a new account which would explain why you don't see any data in it.

IF this is indeed the case, login to https://myhub.autodesk360.com using your EDU credentials and invite your new account to the project in question and you will be able to access your data with either login.

Thanks,

Bankim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report