Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slots with chamfer or fillet

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
thekondrat
791 Views, 4 Replies

Slots with chamfer or fillet

Hi evryone.

Pls, tell me best way to machining this slots with 1mm flat endmill on 3-axis cnc machine.

1.2mm slots.png

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LibertyMachine
in reply to: thekondrat

You can only get so much with a flat endmill. The definition shown in the image is not going to be replicated in the part, just so we are clear. 

What is the material and function of this feature? Surface finish requirement/tolerance?

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 5
thekondrat
in reply to: LibertyMachine

This is aluminium 5251 AlMg2

It is water bclok for GPU

Slots for cooling liquid

2.png

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: thekondrat

i think, just drill out extra material with 1mm(or litlle bit smaller) drill, then finish with 3d scallop or 3d contour. at ramp corners of the slot i'll use  3d parallel strategy or 3d pencil

Message 5 of 5
randyT9V9C
in reply to: Anonymous

I assume the brown object in the center is the GPU? What if you flipped the part up on edge and cut the slots with a slitting saw? Otherwise you can make your grooves using most any tool, endmill, v-mill, ball mill. If you have the material thickness I think I'd extend the slots further to improve the laminar flow through the slots.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report