Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation crashing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
593 Views, 8 Replies

Simulation crashing

Having a bit of issues with sim crashing the software out.

Looks to be a bug, having to do with stock setting. I've currently got a model selected for stock. With a 3d adaptive path on it, it runs fine. The steepshallow path following seems to want to model with a full block, and not from the model (rest machining selected)

https://a360.co/3jovxIW

Should crash if you sim both paths. So far I've upgraded to windows 10, updated all drivers and did a fresh install of Fusion.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarthBane55
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, probably not what you would want to hear, but I tried your file and it runs fine.  I can hear the CPU fan ramping up, I think it is probably demanding on the computer.  You have a decent machine?  I tried simulating both ops, 1 op at a time, anything, it all works fine, and the stock is fine also.  Hopefully someone else can replicate your issue to get it solved for you, but it almost sounds like a computer power issue.

1.png

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: DarthBane55

Try running sim on both paths at the same time, it will show a stock box that isn't the model geometry selected.

I'm on a modern AMD cpu and GTX750ti, which has been stable (except for today)

Message 4 of 9
DarthBane55

I did, as I mentioned, tried both at the same time, or 1 after the other.  Are you by any change on "fast" mode in simulation?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: DarthBane55

Generally crashes when changing the stock settings.

Message 6 of 9
DarthBane55

I was asking because when simulating in fast mode, it draws the stock as a bounding box, no matter what you have in your setup.  Just make sure you are not in fast mode.  If you are not, then I don't have a solution myself, as it works perfectly fine for me.  I will then leave it to others to check if they can repeat.  Over and out 😁

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I realized that Fusion crash when I configure a Stock from a solid.

Message 8 of 9
seth.madore

@Anonymous hmm. I'm using "Stock From Solid" and not crashing. Is this a file you can share?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: seth.madore

One of the latest updates seems to have fixed it for me.

A reminder to check if your graphics card driver is up to date

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report