Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation and Rendering Accuracy Question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
432 Views, 3 Replies

Simulation and Rendering Accuracy Question

I ran the CAM simulation of the finishing parallel paths on the curved contour surface. 

The black line in the photo is where the actual edge of the part is. The purple is what was simulated as machined. 

The area in the red box appears to show material (the section above the black line) left above the part.

Everywhere else I inspect it appears even with the part. It's just this one area at the top where it's showing it higher. 

I'm wondering if this is more of a rendering issue than the tool actually not touching that part of the surface?

I double checked my settings, I'm not leaving any stock and the tool isn't restricted in touching that surface. 

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way to measure or confirm if it isn't actually machining down to the surface? 

Thank you for your help. 

Part Surface and Rendering.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Anyone in the community familiar with this one? 

I've looked around more since posting and still haven't been successful in finding a result. 

Thanks, 

Keegan

Message 3 of 4
Steinwerks
in reply to: Anonymous

I would trust in the visualized toolpath over the simulation and watching whether the tool touches the part during a simulation without stock showing.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Steinwerks

Neal, 

Thank you for the reply. 

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying don't get too hung up on the stock simulation visualization, but instead run the simulation w/o the stock and see if the tool touches the part?

I think this makes sense. 

Thanks, 

Keegan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report