Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate corner rounding mill?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
958 Views, 4 Replies

Simulate corner rounding mill?

Hello!

Does Fusion 360 CAM support simulation of corner-rounding (radius) endmills?  When I tried this I don't see any (or maybe only a tiny bit) of cutting being simulated:

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 9.32.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 9.33.18 PM.png

Do I need to set some sideways offset?  I'm assuming the toolpath is the very tip of the center of the mill including the pilot portion (I think this is the right term?).  I see the option for an axial offset but not for sideways compensation:

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 10.00.30 PM.png

Thanks!

-c

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Apologies, I was not proceeding far enough into the simulation.  I did however experience a crash during the simulation: CER_111765792.

However, my question about sideways compensation still stands:

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 10.11.16 PM.png

Thanks!

-c

Message 3 of 5
jeff.walters

The offsets are applied to the bottom of the radius. To get the offset code output in your program you will need to change the compensation type to Wear.

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff.walters

@jeff.walters wrote:

The offsets are applied to the bottom of the radius. To get the offset code output in your program you will need to change the compensation type to Wear.

Ok I take this to mean that I shouldn't need to adjust by default:

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 5.31.57 PM.png

That said, I'm not sure where I would choose Wear if it did need adjusting.  Is this in the Op or the Tool or Postprocessor?

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 5.26.45 PM.png

Thanks Jeff,

-c

Message 5 of 5
jeff.walters

The first thing id I would be using a 2D contour or you won’t get any compensation option. Trace is meant for engraving and will just run the center of the tool on the geometry selected. Once you switch to 2D Contour I believe you will see a tool path like you were expecting, and then you will also see the Compensation type options as well.

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report