Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting X-Y Zero offset from stock

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3158 Views, 3 Replies

Setting X-Y Zero offset from stock

Hi, I'm a new user of Fusion 360.  I'm trying to figure out how to set an X-Y zero offset from my stock.  Currently I use VisualMill for my CAM needs.  It allows me to select a point on the box stock just like Fusion 360 but I can also input a coordinate to offset the stock from zero.  Is there a way to do this in Fusion 360?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

One way you could do this is to have a sketch with a point with the offset you want.

Clipboard01.png

Then snap to that in your setup.

Clipboard02.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
jeff.walters
in reply to: Anonymous

There are some great training videos on YouTube that will help you get started, as well as some step by step tutorials under the help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FzbZNhey2w&list=PLmA_xUT-8UlK9rndthGGHsjjnZtPO8XRV 

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks Mark, That worked great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report