Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Simulated Part as STL

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jbranch9814
993 Views, 2 Replies

Save Simulated Part as STL

In other CAD/CAM softwares I've worked with, you can stop after a particular operation and save your stock it as an STL, then later define it as your stock piece for the next operation. This is so you don't have to run simulation on the same toolpath over and over to see how your adjustments affect a feature that has already been machined. (ie. you don't have to keep running the drill toolpath to see if your tapping depth is deep enough.) Is there anything similar in Fusion? Love the software!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

This sounds suspiciously like Esprit...

As a former user of Esprit, that is one of the (few) things that I really miss about that software.

Sadly, this doesn't exist in Fusion. You can export the .stl in Simulation mode (right click on the screen in CAM Simulation) but it gives you an .stl you have to save out to a folder and then re-import. Last time I tried that (about 6 months ago) it came in at a ration of 25.4 times the size

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 3

Yes! Esprit and Mastercam. Extremely useful tool. I am hopeful, however!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report