Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same color coding for tools in simulation as in tool library

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
alexanderhermann83
257 Views, 4 Replies

same color coding for tools in simulation as in tool library

please use same color coding for tools in simulation as in tool library to avoide collisions:

color coding.jpg

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The shading of the flute/shaft does sound like something quite reasonable to expect. I don't know if this is the department of the Tool Library team, but I'll tag @christopher.cooperVHK2N anyways 🙂

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

Without an actual description of the cutter topology, the collision will not be detected regardless of the colors. 

Снимок.PNG

Also, it is necessary to increase the neck by an amount greater than the tolerance in the simulation (in my case 0.01mm per side plus 0.001 to detect rubbing)

2.PNG

Message 4 of 5

thanks for your fast respond

Message 5 of 5

its only a visual help, I think it is easier to see if the flute is long enough if you have the colour

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report