Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotary toolpath not simultaneous

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
feltzbrad
198 Views, 3 Replies

Rotary toolpath not simultaneous

So I have next to no 4th axis programming experience and this is really my first time using the rotary toolpaths programmed in Fusion. Bare with me a little bit as this is a pretty big learning curve for me. I think I have it figured out for the most part but for some reason it is not simultaneous. It moves and then stops, moves and then stops. I am using a Rotary pocket toolpath, also tried Rotary Parallel and Contour. Do I need to adjust something in my post? Is it something that needs adjusted in the machine itself? Running in a new Hurco VM30i

Screenshot 2024-07-15 160415.jpgScreenshot 2024-07-15 154257.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: feltzbrad

Hi

This does potentially sounds like a post or machine settings issue, both of those toolpaths produce nice simultaneous motion for me(Heidenhain Controller)

Are you using a machine definition with your file? or are you just using the post processor configured for a 4th axis.

The best way we can help is if you share the file you are having problems with, and tell us which post and post settings you are using.

To share the file GOTO File>Export>Save as .f3d/.f3z

Message 3 of 4
feltzbrad
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Thank you for the response!

I am using the basic Hurco post, it has a multi axis selection and I am using A.

Attached is the post, let me know if you need anything else

Message 4 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: feltzbrad

Hi

Sorry for the delay, the forums weren't sending notifications.

Because you are not using a machine definition the post is outputting  G8.2 and IJK code which may be causing the issue.

If you instead create a Machine definition you can set it to correctly output without TCP which you may not have.

Machine definitions are a much better way of setting up a machine the in the post processor

There are already Hurco VM 30i Machines in the Fusion Machine library for Machine Simulation.

You can copy that to your local or cloud library and then add the 4th axis to it(If you have the model for the Rotary unit) and you will have machine simulation as well.

see the documentation here:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=MFG-MACHINE-DEFINITION

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=MFG-MACHINE-BUILDER-OVERVIEW

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report