Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll Around corners to specified radius

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Big_Mak
766 Views, 6 Replies

Roll Around corners to specified radius

We have the option of rolling around the corners.

What about allowing the used to input a specified corner radius of sharp corner parts? ie when you select roll around sharp corner a field opens to specifiy the corner radius to apply to the sharp corner.

Anyone else find this useful?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
fredsi
in reply to: Big_Mak

If we're talking deburring then I find it useful; otherwise, I would think that any significant radius would be modeled in the part and become part of the tool path when the geometry was chosen.

In a previous CAM software I used one option was round sharp corners with the option of entering a radius; used it quite a bit as mentioned above with radius values on order of 0.005in.

Fred

Message 3 of 7
Big_Mak
in reply to: fredsi

That is exactly what I'm talking about. Just like 0.005-0.010"  Or what ever matches the customers or my part spec.

Message 4 of 7
rhdfmail

Old post, but I'm suprised that this still, 2018, isn't possible to do without modifying the model.

We often get solids from customers and just make a radius/deburring on all sharp corners with a setting in gibbscam.
With Fusion we now have to apply a fillet with 0,1mm radius on all edges

Message 5 of 7
Steinwerks
in reply to: rhdfmail

I asked for this probably around three years ago (maybe more) with the Gibbscam argument exactly in fact, and even using the Chamfer options as a parallel to the argument, but got no traction with the developers. Model modification is the only option.

Edit: ah I see this post is from three years ago. Might've been on the old HSMWorks forums even.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 6 of 7
jordiQ84SY

Does anyone know if it is already possible in the current version of fusion?

Message 7 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: jordiQ84SY

@jordiQ84SY wrote:

Does anyone know if it is already possible in the current version of fusion?

No, it is not.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report