Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Inf km" Toolpath length error

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JezWeston
539 Views, 5 Replies

"Inf km" Toolpath length error

Hi All,

I'm using 2D Contour to cut out some curved profiles from a panel.

If I only use roughing passes, the toolpath generates just fine and I've successfully cut with that toolpath. Edges are rough, so I thought I'd try a rough then finish strategy. This has worked on similar models today.

However, with this model if I try to use roughing passes then a finishing pass, the toolpath generates just fine, but the "Machining Time" dialogue box has a Feed distance of "Inf km" and a Total feed time of 2562047788:00:54. That's a quarter of a million years. Fusion will still simulate the toolpath and the toolpath looks as expected. It won't post, or rather post runs by generates a "name.nc.failed" file.

Searching these forums and more generally gives me no answers for "Inf km". So, any help? Screenshot and model attached.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
adsloud
in reply to: JezWeston

Thanks for reporting. Seems the Roughing Passes setting causes this problem. CAM-9343 was logged to track this. 

Debbie Lou
Sr. QA Engineer for HSM CAM
Message 3 of 6
bassbonematt
in reply to: adsloud

I am experiencing the above described symptoms on my 2D contours in the latest version of Fusion 360 (calculating machining time of "2562047788:00:54"). Was this bug ever fixed, or did it just reappear?

I should also point out that my 2D contours do not have multiple roughing or any finishing passes, but they do have multiple height step-downs.

Message 4 of 6
bassbonematt
in reply to: bassbonematt

And I just realized that in the Machining Time dialog, the time is correct. It's only that huge number if you have the "Show operation machining time" option turned on in the CAM preferences. So my symptoms are different than the OP, but it's a problem all the same.

Message 5 of 6

Same error, just showed up like for the OP around when I turned on Multiple Depth passes for a 2D Contour. When I added a Trace, it affected all my other CAMs as well. Is there a published way to fix this yet?

Message 6 of 6

Give this thread a read 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-computer-aided/machining-time-error/td-p/8502378

Hope this helps 

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report