Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Heading Tool Comments - Missing Certain Characters (/, #)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jonathanBUCVS
230 Views, 2 Replies

Program Heading Tool Comments - Missing Certain Characters (/, #)

I am using the standard Doosan mill/turn and Haas (mill) nextgen posts with a few personal edits, (formatting and commenting out things I dont want to see), and adding in a line to pull the Tool Description into the heading comment (comment += tool.description ? "- " + tool.description : "").  I have posted a snippet of the Doosan post code below, starting from line 824. 

In the Doosan post, special characters are removed from the Tool Description, such as # and /, so "3/4 boring bar" becomes "34 boring bar". This does not happen in the Haas post. (I checked, the description is typed correctly in the Edit Tool box).

The code is very similar between the two and my code to add the tool description is exactly the same. 

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks  

Doosan Code:

var tools = getToolTable();
if (tools.getNumberOfTools() > 0) {
for (var i = 0; i < tools.getNumberOfTools(); ++i) {
var tool = tools.getTool(i);
var compensationOffset = tool.isTurningTool() ? tool.compensationOffset : tool.lengthOffset;
var comment = "T" + toolFormat.format(tool.number * 100 + compensationOffset % 100) + " "
//+ "D=" + spatialFormat.format(tool.diameter) + " "
+ (tool.diameter != 0 ? "D=" + spatialFormat.format(tool.diameter) + " " : "")
//+ (tool.isTurningTool() ? localize("NR") + "=" + spatialFormat.format(tool.noseRadius) + " " : "" /*localize("CR") + "=" + spatialFormat.format(tool.cornerRadius)*/)
//+ (tool.taperAngle > 0 && (tool.taperAngle < Math.PI) ? " " + localize("TAPER") + "=" + taperFormat.format(tool.taperAngle) + localize("deg") : "")
+ (zRanges[tool.number] ? "- " + localize("ZMIN") + "= " + spatialFormat.format(zRanges[tool.number].getMinimum()) + " " : "")
//+ "- " + localize(getToolTypeName(tool.type))
comment += tool.description ? "- " + tool.description : ""
;
writeComment(comment);

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You can add to what is allowed in the post to what the arrow is pointing to as long as the control recognizes it.

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 9.14.28 AM.png

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3

Awesome. Thank you...again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report