Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBING CYCLES

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Mischief_Machine
192 Views, 2 Replies

PROBING CYCLES

Good morning everyone, 

I am working on adding some probing cycles to improve the accuracy of some of my parts, but i am running into some issues. 

using a haas NGC post and machine. 

1: updating for angle correction, it seems to be working, but when i probe the second part, it adds to the error. it does not have something in it to zero out the previous angle correction then post out the new angle error. 

so, if I'm off by .1 degrees, each time, the second part goes to .2 and the third would end up being .3 degrees angle of error. 

so it does this when it adds the error for the angle.

#5306 = [#5306 + #194]
so i presume i should add manual code before the cycle as follows, unless there is a setting to zero previous data. 
#5306 = [0.0]

Is there a setting to fix that in fusion? or do i need to add a macro manual code to zero whatever parameter that is out? 

2: probing for new corner position after angle correction. it likes to return the A to zero in the code, i am just removing that out. i would guess you have to move to a different work offset ( the one that was just given the rotation angle ) for that administrative error, lets call it, to happen. So if i probe from G59 to correct G58 for the angle. when i move to step 2 i should use G58 to update G58 instead? that way the angular correction is there when i probe for the new corner datum of the part. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Issue #1 I think is a controller and macro limitation, as I have it also on both my Mori and Kitamura, either using Fusion generated code or hand programmed. I just insert a quick macro to zero out the values. You could put a Manual NC "Passthrough" command in your Fusion file as an easy solution.

Issue #2; is this on a rotary axis or a 3 axis arrangement?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3

Yep, that is what i ended up doing, adding pass thru code between the probing routines. 

I am using a 5 axis trunnion machine so yea. gets a bit interesting. 

It seems to be working now with the passthrough code in there now that i saw what parameters it was adding i just did a passthrough zero it before hand. 

I might have NEXTGEN help me with a post edit to give myself some additional options within the toolpath itself so i dont have to edit so much. Just get them to set me up with a check box or something inside the toolpath parameters so im not forgetting to add all the manual code all the time. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report