Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous geometry still selected upon copy/paste to new model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jeffhammond
145 Views, 3 Replies

Previous geometry still selected upon copy/paste to new model

Hi,

This is a new behavior and I'm wondering if this is intentional or if there's a way to turn it off.

When copying a setup from one model to a new one, it used to have all the geometry unselected so when I go to assign toolpaths to the new model, no geometry is selected. (as in, the contours from the copied model are seemingly selected in the new one even though they're non-existent)

Is there a way to make the exact selections not come through upon pasting to a new model? 

it's not the end of the world but I will never use the previous selections in the new model and it's a bit annoying to have to delete these selections each time

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: jeffhammond

At the moment, this is intentional behavior. The goal of the behavior was to capture geometry based selections such as Face Contours or Pocket Recognition and aid in future reuse. As you and others have noticed since the last update, it's capturing every selection that's been made and leading to frustration. We do have some tasks open to examine a better integration of contour/selection reuse while offering better flexibility to those that would prefer to have no selection retained.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
jeffhammond
in reply to: seth.madore

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

looking forward to see any solutions you guy may come up with because yeah, I do see the benefit for certain operations.

(such as drilling when selected by diameter range.. I like how you don't have to do anything upon a copy/paste in the new model other than generate the tool path and they're ready to go)

Message 4 of 4
etfrench
in reply to: seth.madore

A quick fix would be to edit the message to indicate what is happening now instead of what used to happen.

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report