Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post processor issue

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
white.kap
521 Views, 10 Replies

post processor issue

Hello everyone,

I'd like to start by saying how awesome is this community and how many issues I solved by simply reading the forums.

This is an issue I had for a long time but I've always managed to get around it by editing the code by hand, but now I would like your help to solve this once and for all.

I use the standard FANUC (control is a 0i-mf) for milling post processor modified to work with A axis that revolves around the X.

Yesterday I made a program that includes multiple rotary toolpath.

The first rotary toolpath includes a tool change from the previous toolpath so the spindle starts correctly.

In the first line of the next rotary toolpath I have this line:

G28 G91 Z0.

this cause the Z axis to rectract to 0, the machine then stop the spindle for safety reasons.

The code continues with the correct movements but with the spindle off!

How can I fix this? Is it a PP configuration issue?

Many thanks for your help

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
engineguy
in reply to: white.kap

@white.kap 

I see what you mean, if there is no toolchange and it is just moving position then no spindle start line.

So, are you looking to have a spindle restart something like S*****M3 at the beginning of each operation and removing the G28 G91 Z0 line or keeping that line as well ??

Message 3 of 11
white.kap
in reply to: engineguy

Hello Engineguy,

thanks for your reply.

I guess, for now, it's better if I keep that Z0 line before starting a new toolpath just to avoid any possibile collision.

I forgot to mention that this problem happens also when duplicating the toolpaths using multiple origins, if there is a tool change between the toolpaths the spindle is correctly initialized, other way I have only movements with no spindle rotation.

Thanks for your help

Michelangelo

Message 4 of 11
white.kap

any suggestion?

thanks

Michelangelo

Message 5 of 11
mattdlr89

Will enabling the "Safe start all operations" in the post processor help?

mattdlr89_0-1640010087819.png

Message 6 of 11
white.kap
in reply to: mattdlr89

Dear mattdlr89,

that is how I got around the main problem (no spindle start line).
By enabling that option the pp writes the correct lines at the start of each toolpath, but with a slash at the beginning of the line.
I edited the PP by deleting the "/" in the line responsible for writing that.
Yes it's a workaround and I do not know if it can cause problems in the long run, works good for now.
Even with that I still have to manually edit (by commenting it) the "G28 G91 Z0" at the start of each rotary toolpath.
It would be great to have a solution for that.
many thanks for your reply
Message 7 of 11
mattdlr89

This is a bit of a guess but if you go to line 332 of your post and change that to true does that help? Line 332 shown below. 

var forceSpindleSpeed = false; //<<< Change this to true

Message 8 of 11
white.kap
in reply to: mattdlr89

I gave it a try now, but it didn't worked.

The spindle speed and spindle on command are written only when a tool change is invoked.

Message 9 of 11
engineguy

@white.kap 

OK, your Fanuc control turns off the spindle/coolant when the G28 G91 Z0 line is commanded and it moves to that position, that is a setting in Fanuc Parameters so you may be able to set that differently.

Does the G53 G0 Z0 command line also turn the spindle off ?? Worth a try if you have not already done so 🙂

Message 10 of 11
white.kap

Thanks,

I'll try that today and get back to you all

Message 11 of 11
white.kap

Dear Engineguy,

unfortunately with the G53 G0 Z0 command I get the same result, spindle off 😞

I'm a bit lost here, do you have some other suggestion that I could try out?

many thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report