Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processor for RichAuto 11

63 REPLIES 63
SOLVED
Message 1 of 64
Anonymous
20577 Views, 63 Replies

Post Processor for RichAuto 11

Hello, 

Recently our school purchased an Axiom Auto Pro 8, when it was purchased we were advised to use AutoDesk Fusion 360 as our design software, as we can use a student version for free since the school budget is extremely tight. For about a month now checking forums and trying different ideas we cannot get the CNC to replicate what we designed on the program. In the manual it reads that the RichAuto 11 controller will read standard GCode, we have tried Grbl/grbl, and RS-274D/rs274d, neither one will produce a completed project without some kind of issue. Below I attached our latest try. We are also struggling with time, the program forecasts about 10 minutes, and the actual project takes almost 2 hours. I am definitely a novice so there can be other problems within the program. I am hoping to find an answer in why we are having these dependencies between what Fusion is showing and what is actually getting done, and is there a better generic G - Code to use? Is there a different program we should use? 

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

63 REPLIES 63
Message 41 of 64
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

can anybody help on this issue? or shall I try another solution

Message 42 of 64
simondcrosbie
in reply to: fonsecr

Hi Rene

I am expecting delivery of my 1st router soon, which has a RichAuto a11 controller.. I have been reading the discussions about Posts for RichAuto a11 controllers for use with Fusion 360. If I understood correctly, you were working on such a Post and that at that time it was in Beta. Can you give me any updates and is your Post up and running successfully? If so where can I get it. There does not seem to be a Post for RichAuto listed in the Fusion generic Posts.

If you did not continue with that work, is there another Post that you can recommend please, or is there someone else that you would recommend that I ask?

Many thanks,

Simon

Message 43 of 64
Luke-RA
in reply to: simondcrosbie

Yes we have a solution in place, i have moved onto a different project and can’t recall the details of the best outcome but can follow this up if you desperately need it.
Message 44 of 64
simondcrosbie
in reply to: Luke-RA

Hi Luke,

I seem to have been round in circles looking for a solution. It is great that you report a positive outcome.

I would be very happy if you are able to follow this through.

Thank you

Simon 

Message 45 of 64

Hello Simon, this post works fine for me with the A11.

Cheers,
Mike
Message 46 of 64

Hi Mike

Thank you, but, there does not seem to be a Post or a reference to a Post attached to your reply

Simon

Message 47 of 64

Hi Simon, apologies — this is the link to the post processor which works
fine with the A11. Hope this helps.

https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts?p=richauto&_ga=2.122111371.164276759.1589904881-348416149.15899048...

Thanks
Message 48 of 64

Thank you so much. Look forward to trying it out when my machine arrives
Simon
Message 49 of 64
Anonymous
in reply to: simondcrosbie

I'm working with a Baleigh PT-22 plasma table that also uses a Richauto A11 controller . I grabbed the Fusion 360 post-processor (a big thanks to all who contributed!) but when I go to post my work, Fusion tells me "Waterjet, laser, and plasma cutting toolpath is not supported by the post configuration". Since you've already got a milling operation supported, would it be much work to add support for plasma?

Message 50 of 64
simondcrosbie

sorry, outside of my knowledge. You could also try the

carbide3d.cps
mach3mill.cps
or the laguna.cps

I have had success with these with the RichAuto a11

I do not know if they support plasma
good luck
Message 51 of 64
Luke-RA

I have a client that uses post I produce from Fusion 360 for their RichAuto
controller using the Carbide3D post processor. Could this work for your
needs - albeit with limited controls in fusion?
Message 52 of 64
Anonymous
in reply to: Luke-RA

Actually, I'm embarrassed to say it, but I was so busy looking for "RichAuto" post-processors that I totally glossed over the fact that Autodesk has provided posts for Baleigh as well. There is literally a "Baileigh Plasma" post-processor already ready to go!

In case anyone's looking for it: https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/post.php?name=baileigh%20plasma

Message 53 of 64
Anonymous
in reply to: michaelkelly7104

Hello Michael! Hope you are fine.

Have you heard that DSP A11 is not performing G02/G03 correctly? I've tested this commands in my brandnew machine and I noticed that it can do arcs but with wrong dimensions, start and end points.
Please, do you know whwther it can be solved via post processor that can write "wrong" G2/G3 parameters to get the moves right?
Thank you in advance for your comments.

Message 54 of 64
michaelkelly7104

Hi there! I haven't had any issues like this, have you tried the post processor specifically for the A11?

Message 55 of 64
Anonymous

harryeU968P, thanks for clear explaination. I just yesterday fond this way by myself.

But I can't solve one thing - a new setted mill continues working on the old "zero level" after choosing menue item "Tool changed" while current coordinate zero level is cganged correctly.

Message 56 of 64
manuyetilee
in reply to: fonsecr

Dear Fonseca,
First of all thank you very much for your post, it was a big deal for me. Although i've found an issue with the tool change function and i don't know if this might have something to do with this post. It seems it doesn't do a tool length compensation after reading T code.
I've tried to write G43 H1 as this lesson suggest https://zero-divide.net/?article_id=4768_lesson-5-everything-about-cnc-tool-length-offsets-positive-... but no luck either... probably i'm doing it wrong since i'm not very experienced with machining gCode.
This is what my modification looks like
(2D Pocket1)
N1 T1 M6
S18000 M3
G54
G43 H1
G0 X19.368 Y47.347
G0 Z15
Im using a generic Chinese CNC 3 axis router with Richauto DSP A11, and to illustrate my issue better i just made a video and posted it on youtube, i would like you to check it, https://youtu.be/LaWqRmHxTzU

Any suggestions? i don't like the idea to export my processes one by one )=
Message 57 of 64
manuyetilee

Hello Harry, i was able to replicate this functionality although with an issue… it seems the offset lenght is not being used after the changed tool is probed. To better explain this, i’ve posted a video recently on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/LaWqRmHxTzU

I assume is because the post processor is not adding G43 H1? I added this manually to the code but no success. Could you please give it a look and let me know what you think? Is it possible the latest firmware has a bug?

Thanks
Message 58 of 64
manuyetilee

Hello nickat, happens i have the exact same issue, i even made a video about it https://youtu.be/LaWqRmHxTzU.... were you able to solve it? This issue is getting me nuts.
Message 59 of 64
travisbrown

I have a machine running off RichAuto A11x. Manufacturer told me to use default Mach3 (mm and inch) post processors in F350. 

Haven't run into an issue yet.

Message 60 of 64
gregor.randla
in reply to: manuyetilee

Hello!

How did you get this tool change menu? I cannot get it from my Richauto A11X. What is the G Code that activates it as it is nowhere in the menus.

With regards, Gregor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report