Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post processor for a nextwave shark cnc machine

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
8256 Views, 8 Replies

post processor for a nextwave shark cnc machine

I have a nextwave automation shark cnc machine.  I don't see a post processor for it.  I am somewhat new with fusion 360 and wonder how to procceed.  How do i generate g-code for my cnc machine??  Is it possible?  I can create an .stl file bring that into vcarve, but it is not ideal.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
daniel_lyall
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to provide a lot more info about the machine, What program run's it Mach3, linuxcnc some other strange name program, What G and M codes it needs.

Have you asked if they have a post processor for it 

And insert between code tags (it's beside the smiley face above) a sample G code that vectric spits out 

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Thanks for the info...How it works is there is a controller box connected to a PC via a Usb cable. My vcarve post processor produces gcode files with .tap extension. It does not use mach3, I wish it did.  There is sofware on the PC that actually drives the machine which nextwave wrote. I have examine g-code and know very little about the code itsself other then what I have guessed.  Do you know a good reference or should I just google and search.

I have asked the question to nextwave, don't have a response yet. I assume the post processor for vcarve is different than one to be used with fusion.

Dave Hagen

Message 4 of 9
daniel_lyall

Ok I just had a look my self, it told me beggar all, It looks like it's useing there version of grbl It's in the post processor drop down.

If you can post a Gcode from Vcarve it can be use to compare, say do a 2inch squire with a profile cut and post that, If your not sure what I mean what post processor are you meant to use with Vcarve.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 5 of 9

@daniel_lyall@Anonymous

I made one last year for the Piranha series. After some follow up tweaks, I was told that it worked quite well. Link HERE

EDIT: The better version is on the second page

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 6 of 9

Thank you

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: daniel_lyall

I tried adding this in the forums directly to update this thread and I
could not. So I am replying to this e-mail.
Here is the g-code file created via vcarve, a 2 " square as requested,
Message 8 of 9
daniel_lyall

Try the post @LibertyMachine posted

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: LibertyMachine

I have the post and will give it a try, thank for the link.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report