Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Process (Microkinetics Turnmaster) G2 G3 moves

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rjptrumpet
464 Views, 8 Replies

Post Process (Microkinetics Turnmaster) G2 G3 moves

Since the last (or since early 2022 when I last ran a similar part) Fusion update, I have not been able to machine arcs, or at least a quadrant type arc (think 1" diameter sphere in the middle of a 3/4" diameter cylinder). Radii on shoulders seem to work out fine but a ball in the middle of a cylinder creates chaos where the tool digs into the part in a V pattern (- x diameter) instead of forming the arc for a ball shape jutting out from the cylinder (+X diameter). Simulation in Fusion 360 looks beautiful. After I post process to Turnmaster Pro, it seems I'm missing something. I called Microkinetics and Maurice believes it's on Fusion's end. I've started with a G74, G90 command and nothing seems to work. Played around with I, K, values in the G2 or G3 move and haven't been able to make it work. Swapped G3's for G 2's etc. No dice. Anyone else having these issues and found a fix? Worked before an update. Not sure what to do. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
GeorgeRoberts
in reply to: rjptrumpet

Good morning,

Are you able to share a sample Fusion project where you are seeing this issue? If you could also share the post processor you're using and the NC code you've ran, that would be perfect. 

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 3 of 9
rjptrumpet
in reply to: GeorgeRoberts

Thanks for the response. I'm using MicroKinetics TurnMaster Pro.cps for the post processing. I've attached the Fusion file, g-code after processing, and a screen shot of the toolpath in MicroKinetics software that control the steppers. You can see in the screenshot that the sphere in the center of the cylinder will be shaved off by the tool path and the arc move ends up digging into the part in a "V" shape. Some of the arc moves are fine until the toolpath makes a complete pass to the high point of the sphere.

Message 4 of 9
rjptrumpet

Hopefully you are able to read the attached files. Let me know if these are adequate. 

Message 5 of 9
rjptrumpet

Any word on this issue?

Message 6 of 9
rjptrumpet

Any word on this issue?

Message 7 of 9
GeorgeRoberts

Sorry for the delay! 

I've took a look at your file and when plotting it my side I also see the issue. I was unable to find the post processor you mentioned in out library, so I searched it and found a turnmaster pro one here: https://www.microkinetics.com/index.php?page=post_processors 

I downloaded that and re-posted your file and it seems to plot correctly. Can you try that?  

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 8 of 9
rjptrumpet

That’s the post processor I’m using that gave me the problem file. I will try to re-install the post processor and see if that fixes it. Could you post the G code that was generated on your side? It looks correct. If I am still having trouble, I should be able to use your G-code for my machine and at least get this part done. 

thanks,

Message 9 of 9
rjptrumpet

That’s the post processor I’m using that gave me the problem file. I will try to re-install the post processor and see if that fixes it. Could you post the G code that was generated on your side? It looks correct. If I am still having trouble, I should be able to use your G-code for my machine and at least get this part done. Well actually, that isn’t the actual part but a test curve. At least I can use your G code and compare it to mine to see where the problems are. 

thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report