Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post fix needed ASAP for multi axis post's

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
michaelthompson83
375 Views, 2 Replies

Post fix needed ASAP for multi axis post's

Hi, we need the Fusion update ASAP because your current 4th axis post is producing scrap! I know that you's know that you have an issue with the buffering of multi axis tool path. I.e lines added/removed in the translation from fusion to code.
I have attached a screen shot from a part which was scrapped last night as a result. The CAM simulation is fusion was correct. When the program was run in the NC plotter the code is not correct!
Can you realise this fix in the next 4hrs before i start my shift! We do not have time or the money in the job to sub our work out and a laser engraver is far too expensive for us to purchase with us being a start up!

Kind regards,

Michael
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Sorry you're having problems.

Could you share your part, and the post you're using? Do you know which aspect of the NC code is wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 3 of 3
Steinwerks
in reply to: jeff.pek

@jeff.pek

I believe I tagged you in the thread, but this one over here has some more detail: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-computer-aided/engraving-bug-on-wrapped-tool-path/td-p/820...

I was seeing seemingly random retract moves that left sections of the text blank, but it seems to do the opposite on the machine.

@michaelthompson83 I suggest sending the test file we went over to Jeff via email.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report