Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pause at the bottom of a helix

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
j.cavender
389 Views, 7 Replies

pause at the bottom of a helix

I have noticed when you helically interpolate to get to a cut level that my cutter pauses at the bottom of the helix and this is because there is a spindle speed command there i am adamant about making sure my spindle speeds are all the same im using a high feed mill and im take lots of .04 depth cuts how do i prevent fusion from outputting the spindle command at the bottom of the helix?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

What post processor are you using?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 3 of 8

im using the generic fanuc that we have made some tweeks to

Message 4 of 8

I've tested this on our 0i-MC and that doesn't care. It just continues.

Only when you have a really big difference in ramp spindle speed and cutting spindle speed it needs to wait till spindle is to at leats 90% of the speed I believe.

But my Heidenhain has the same problem so I made some special code for it.

Make this:

function onSpindleSpeed(spindleSpeed) {
writeBlock(sOutput.format(spindleSpeed));
}

Into this: 

function onSpindleSpeed(spindleSpeed) {
if(currentSpindleSpeed != spindleSpeed){
writeBlock(sOutput.format(spindleSpeed));
currentSpindleSpeed = spindleSpeed;
}
}

And after the tool change the spindle speed is called as well and you need to add this line(around line 750):

currentSpindleSpeed = spindleSpeed;

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Laurens-3DTechDraw

Just curious, when is the onSpindleSpeed() function ever called?  I did a dump of several 2D and 3D operations and I don't ever see that function being called.  Even when I specify a different ramp spindle speed I don't see it.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Also... since the sOutput object is of the Variable Class, it already has the built in capability to check if it has been changed and will return a null string if not.

"writeBlock(sOutput.format(spindleSpeed))" should do nothing if the spindleSpeed parameter is the same as the last time it was called.  So you should be able to do this without having to maintain a separate currentSpindleSpeed value.  I had to deal with this on my turret lathe to prevent pauses after a tool change when I was keeping the same spindle speed.

Just need to change:

var sOutput = createVariable({prefix:"S", force:true}, rpmFormat);

and get rid of the "force:true" parameter so it won't force it everytime.  -- and make sure that this doesn't create other issues. 🙂

Dave

Message 7 of 8
Laurens-3DTechDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

damincin wrote:

Also... since the sOutput object is of the Variable Class, it already has the built in capability to check if it has been changed and will return a null string if not.

"writeBlock(sOutput.format(spindleSpeed))" should do nothing if the spindleSpeed parameter is the same as the last time it was called.  So you should be able to do this without having to maintain a separate currentSpindleSpeed value.  I had to deal with this on my turret lathe to prevent pauses after a tool change when I was keeping the same spindle speed.

Just need to change:

var sOutput = createVariable({prefix:"S", force:true}, rpmFormat);

and get rid of the "force:true" parameter so it won't force it everytime.  -- and make sure that this doesn't create other issues. 🙂

Dave

That is a possibility, but that would mean it doesn't output the spindle speed after a toolchange when it is the same. And people tend to want to be able to start anywhere in the program so the spindle speed would be needed.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

True, guess that could be an issue. 🙂  An sOutput.reset() at the right place should fix that though.  Just another instance where there's many ways to do it.

Thanks,

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report