Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering Toolpaths by Tool and Operation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
167 Views, 1 Reply

Ordering Toolpaths by Tool and Operation

I could be missing something, but I can't find a way to order toolpaths in a pattern by tool and operation. Right now, if I create a pattern that contains multiple toolpaths using the same tool (say T7 for instance), Fusion does not run through all of those T7 toolpaths before moving to the next part. Instead, it does the first T7 toolpath on one part, then the same T7 toolpath on another part. Then it moves to the next toolpath, again switching between work offsets/parts for each toolpath. This is wildly inefficient and I can't for the life of me figure out a way to make it stop. Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Are you using the NC Program to organize your operations?

Are you using multiple different selections of your T7, in other words do you keep selecting the T7 for each operation directly from your Main Tool Library instead of selecting T7 only ONCE from the Main Tool Library and then each subsequent operation that uses T7 from within your Document.

Every time you select what you think is the same tool from your Main Tool Library Fusion sees them all as different tools, if you look inside your Document at the tools being used is there more than one T7??

There should only be one in the list, there is a little Black arrow to the Left of the Tool information, click on that arrow and a list will appear showing all the operations that T7 is being used for !!!

It is always best if you can upload a sample file that you are having problems with, much easier for anyone to help you, without seeing a file the above is pure guesswork!! To upload a file go to:-

File > Export > Select f3d format > Save to a location on your computer > Then attach it to your reply

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report