Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operations not appearing in CAM with no error messages.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
337 Views, 9 Replies

Operations not appearing in CAM with no error messages.

Hello!

I am attempting to generate engraving toolpaths and Fusion just won't do it. It seems the problem happened within the last week.

I can generate a setup. I can then attempt to choose an operation such as engrave. I fill out all the operation details and click OK and nothing appears underneath the setup tree. I tried playing around with different tool sizes etc, but I'm not even getting a "failed to generate toolpath" error. I tried to modify an existing operation and I cannot. I go to edit the operation and I can change the  features and they just revert to the prior toolpath. I've reinstalled a couple of times but the behavior remains. I'd love some advice!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

Let's start with some screenshots and a Screencast if you don't mind. I don't think this is an issue at the file level (yet).

Asking the obvious, but is this arrow collapsed?
2019-11-18_13h47_07.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: seth.madore

My model seems fine. The issue is with attempting to generate new operations. I've tried reinstalling a couple of times.

Thanks for your help!

Ted

577329ca-3389-49fa-9abd-1b6f6fb52600,640,680

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Message 5 of 10
seth.madore

Can you share that file?

File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I've also tried to generate pocket toolpaths, but they just don't take.

Thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 10
seth.madore

This is what I receive when I follow your steps exactly:
2019-11-21_18h00_53.png

I'm stumped....

@jeff.pek any ideas?

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 10
jeff.pek

I looked under the covers at both of the documents attached. The "Radiation Box Top Plate v12.f3d" only has a setup, and no operations. The "Untitled v4.f3d" has a setup plus 4 operations: 3 engrave, and 1 2d pocket. When I open that model I see all 4 operations.

Are you not seeing that when you open that model?

Jeff

Message 9 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: jeff.pek

Oh, I see the same as you. It's just that I can create a toolpath and it shows up, however the OP in their screencast is showing different 

Seth Madore
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I have tried working with Fusion on another computer and it works nicely. Must just be my machine.

I've tried reinstalling the program but the behavior remains. Is there anything special I can do there?

Many Thanks!

Ted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report