Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[OPEN] Looking for feedback - Additive Multi-Axis Deposition extension preview

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
robert.bowerman
1808 Views, 25 Replies

[OPEN] Looking for feedback - Additive Multi-Axis Deposition extension preview

Hi everyone,

As of the November 2021 update, we have released an extension preview for Additive Multi-Axis Deposition toolpaths in Fusion 360. These toolpaths are primarily aimed at driving machines with Directed Energy Deposition technology and enable Fusion 360 users to deposit material onto planar, cylindrical, revolved and arbitrary surface types.

To access this functionality, head to your preferences, preview features and turn on the “Additive Multi-Axis Deposition” feature flag.

robertbowerman_0-1638371478528.png

A complete walkthrough of the workflow can be seen in the following tutorial:

Fusion 360 Additive Multi-Axis Deposition Toolpaths 

We’d really appreciate your feedback on this functionality, so feel free to share your thoughts, comments and ask questions in the following thread.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
gostred22
in reply to: robert.bowerman

Hi all

I am trying to 3D Print with the following objective:Objective.jpg

I have a 5 axis machine setup, which mechanically should be able to do it. In this case, ideally the extruder would be always parallel with each face of the base feature when printing the first layer. Is it possible to create this effect?

Message 22 of 26

Hi @gostred22 ,

Yes, it is sort of possible but you need to add a small radius to the edges of your cube. This is a result which I've calculated with a 0.1mm rad. 

Thanks, 

Rob

Message 23 of 26
gostred22

Hi

Thanks alot for checking it out! Could you please share an example file of how you managed that?

It would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Message 24 of 26

Hi @gostred22,

Perhaps a quick call would be easier, if you can drop me a private message lets set up a time to talk.

Thanks,

Rob

Message 25 of 26
velkejtom

Hi everyone,

I try the DED feature using Autodesk Generic DED machine. The idea is to export trajectory to RoboDK for further optimisation and robot code generation there.
No problem with feature generation on flat or convex surfaces, but on concave surface the path generation starts, counts to 90% and never ends without any error message. I tries several times, still the same.
half-cylinder DED.png

Message 26 of 26

Hello Fusion Team, 

I have been using Fusion360 for a while and I have the following questions about the capability for Additive toolpath generation:

1. How can I go about setting up a 4-axis DED machine? Looking for capabilities to print on a shaft. 

2. For the additive process, Is there an option to control perimeter and infill widths? 

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report