Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only drilling first hole

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
199 Views, 2 Replies

Only drilling first hole

Hi all, 

I have set up a drill tool path in fusion 360 and it looks correct and simulates correct, but when I run it on the machine it only drills the first hole, and then moves back to the origin point.

I am using a bravoprodigy post processor for my bravoprodigy machine. Here is the post:

G21
T1M6
G0Z15.
G90G0X7.Y-13.S5000M3
G0Z5.
G81X7.Y-13.Z-2.88R5.F1000	1st Hole
X-7.            		2nd Hole
Y2.				3rd Hole
X7.				4th Hole
G80
G0Z15.
M5
G0X0.Y0.
M30

It looks like I am having a similar problem to this: 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-manufacture/drilling-post-problem/td-p/6497796

Any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

While it may appear similar to the thread you linked, there is one subtle difference in your case; you don't have that extra G0 at the second hole callout.

Do you have a manual for your control? Does it give any info on how to program drill cycles?
It could be that it requires the G81 cycle at each line, or perhaps the X and Y forced out each time. 

This will require testing on your end to determine what the proper solution is.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: seth.madore

Thanks for your response,

Unfortunately I wont be able to do any testing until Monday, but in the meantime I'll do some more digging into the programming side.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report