Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okuma LB M3 M4 and tools reverse visualization.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Chiccoone
319 Views, 2 Replies

Okuma LB M3 M4 and tools reverse visualization.

Dear Support,

recently I ask to one of your professionals to create a post for my Okuma LB15. All right, and day by day implementing and modifying the post. Unfortunately Okuma LB15 with M4 runs chuck CW and with M3 CCW looking chuck from the turret. Again all right but... All my tool are right hand and the only way to visualize properly in fusion is to set that tools left hand and remove the clockwise thick. This should not be right and most of the time drive crazy setting up new tools. My question is if there is any workaround or I miss something.

Regards

V.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Chiccoone

First, CW and CCW is defined in every lathe manual as seen from back of the spindle, not from looking at the chuck while standing in front of machine.

Second, if you have upper and lower turret, right hand tool runs with CW (M3) on both turrets.

On upper turret insert points down and runs with M3, if you take that tool and rotate it about Z axis 180 degrees, insert now points up and tool still runs with M3.

Message 3 of 3

Hello vittorio,galli6AVP9,

The M3 - Spindle rotation Clockwise is standard on the CNC lathe and results in the chuck turning towards the operator (Clockwise is looking down spindle from outside of machine). This means that turret mounted right hand tooling needs to be upside down with back of the tool facing the operator. 

The confusion I believe is that when selecting the tool orientation the tool image is of a regular lathe which mounts from the front.

I have made a case for this to be changed as I initially found it confusing. I have attached some screen shots which I hope show you the ghosted image of an upside down right handed tool using M3.

Best Wishes

Chris

Christopher Cooper
Technical Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report