Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Post Processing / post Configuration for a Omni ATC CNC Router 1530

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
rosstayler
3272 Views, 20 Replies

No Post Processing / post Configuration for a Omni ATC CNC Router 1530

Hi All,

I'm very new with the whole CNC router story so I apologize if this is a simple problem. 🙂

I have a Omni ATC CNC Router 1530, I cant find a Post Processing / post Configuration for the router (I've searched for results from both from the manufacture and Syntec ).

I have found similar problems on the forums but none of the solutions appear to be working for myself. It has a Syntec 6MB controller if that helps.

It came with some basic .nc files that work, and run successfully, but when I save under any of the post Processing / post Configuration formats on fusion 360 from other companies the router just throws up G-code errors. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Please let me know if you need anymore files or information.

I've attached one file that came with the machine:

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
seth.madore
in reply to: rosstayler

The file that you attached has no information regarding tool changing. I assume that your machine has an ATC unit (based on the name, of course)

It looks quite similar to many other import cnc controllers. A few edits to the RS-274d post would bring it in line with your needs. I may even have something even closer.

Do you have a programming manual for that machine? What about any other programming samples?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 21
rosstayler
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi Seth,

Thanks for the speedy response!

Sorry for not posting the the file with the ATC code with it, don't know if this helps but I was exploring with the bit changing program it has on it and I was able to change the program by just changing a line that was "T1" to "T2" and it changed the tool after I pressed Run.

I just left the router it has all the files on it, and wont be back until tomorrow then and will send the other 3 .nc files. 

They did provide two Manuals :

Mill Machine Program Manual - A book with Gcode descriptions from G00 to G137.1 each code has a description.

First PageFirst PageSecond PageSecond Page

6 Series Mill Operation Manual - A book with what functions and buttons ect. 

Second PageSecond PageFirst PageFirst Page

Hope this helps, and thanks for helping !

Message 4 of 21
rosstayler

Here are the other files. 🙂

Message 5 of 21
seth.madore

Sorry, still more questions then answers....

The first program you attached has a few circular pockets, but the code is a linearization of many little line segments. However, your manual notes that G02/03 may be supported. Is it? If so, does it want I,J,K or Radius values?

Do you have a digital version of the manual? That would be awesome...

Lastly, the other two files you shared do not show anything regarding tool changing or tool offset callouts. That info is very much needed.

No requirements for program name or anything? I find it odd that it starts right off with a G54 and launches right into cutting. No safe start G code line, or safe moves....

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 21
rosstayler

The system that runs the CNC ATC router is called SYNTEC from what I gather the system is used on multiple machines (lathes, cutters, ect). So some of the features might not actually be applicable to the our ATC CNC. The one we have is a 3 axis(X,Y,Z) CNC ATC router.

I asked Omni( The manufacture) to send me a test file with tool changing working. The file they sent changes tools  but the drawing was/is set off our table I assume as the a warning appears shortly after running "stating that the software or hardware has exceeded its limit."

No requirements for program name or anything? I find it odd that it starts right off with a G54 and launches right into cutting. No safe start G code line, or safe moves....

Trust me if you saw the assembly instructions you wouldn't be surprised...

Message 7 of 21
omnicnc

Attachment is Syntec 6MB manual, you may check it if your control system is Syntec6MB. 

Here are some video tutorials about Syntec 6MB: 

Operation Start: https://youtu.be/ektZcpWslpM

Workpiece Coordinate Setting: https://youtu.be/IhLvb6zvfX8

Syntec Operation Tips: https://youtu.be/PPi_Yprm7jI 

Machining Start: https://youtu.be/lj6ndrEMJOw

Tool Calibaration Under Jog Mode with MPG: https://youtu.be/TECrOa5n3SE

Tool Compsensation  Setting: https://youtu.be/quncdWAOGvI

Program File Transfer: https://youtu.be/O81EtxAvBxA

Simulation Function Setup: https://youtu.be/mIMaPfgonJE

Let us know if that is helpful.

Message 8 of 21
seth.madore

Sorry for the delay in response. I'd like to suggest using the RS-274D post processor or the Fanuc mill post processor. The manual is well written and everything I'm seeing is pointing me to those. 

Once we find out what G or m codes give it an issue, we can proceed from there.

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 21
omnicnc

Hi Seth,

Would you like to share the post processor file by sharing to my email address: sales@omni-cnc.com.

Some of our clients use FUSHION 360 software, and we would like them to test if your post processor file works properly for great service both provided by OMNICNC and FUSHION 360. 

Message 10 of 21
seth.madore
in reply to: omnicnc

The posts I referenced are readily available on the online HSM Post library. Here is the Fanuc and RS-274D posts

Seth Madore
Message 11 of 21
rosstayler

Hi Seth,

Thanks for the reply, sorry I've been away for a few weeks. Before I used your previous suggestion and ran with the RS-274D post processor, I found I had to remove G21 then the program would run. Do I need G21?

We have had a few problems with the machine smashing into the ATC and destroying the tool docking grips. Could that be related? I have noted that this only happens when the dust brush is in the up position and if I have it down before the tool change it doesn't collide. Took me 3 docking grips to figure out that if the brush is not set down before you run the program, the machine skips the X axis movement pause, and goes straight into Z axis drop into the tool grip and destroying any holder beneath.

Message 12 of 21
scalci

Hi Guys

Thank you for this thread, I got our 1530 CNC to work.

a question I have, in Fusion, how do I setup the different WPC’s? We use currently 24 WPC in manual GCODE, but would like to use Fusion going forward.

Message 13 of 21
omnicnc

Hello Seth,

Attachment is the cnc router post processor from OMNICNC for Fusion360. Kindly check it. Let us know if possible to post it on your post processor page. https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts

Message 14 of 21
will_1

Hi @omnicnc ,

Does your omnicnc machine use the syntec controller?

Thanks,

Will

Message 15 of 21
ross4FUBK
in reply to: will_1

@will_1  They do have syntec controller as an option.

Before you buy an OMNI CNC read the below then decide...

We received our CNC on time, unpacked it and set it up all was fine until I decided to check accuracy. I put a MDF board on the CNC and cut a line from left to right and front to back. The line was skew along the X-axis, I double checked my line on Fusion 360 and it was straight. I thought maybe the MDF shifted or wasn't straight checked again and yep it was straight and hadn't moved. The gantry is off by 5mm along the X-axis...

When I drew a line with a ruler and compared it to the cut the line it starts off at 0mm and by the end of the cut its 5mm off. I turned the machine off and tried again the next day, I ran the same program again by accident and to my disbelief it cut the same line again but this time it cut 1mm-2mm more along in the direction of the Y-axis's. 

Every time the machine is turned off it homes, but the homing mechanism is a piece of L -metal that a sensor passes to find home it does it a few times until it finds an average point then sets that as home, its different every time you start the machine so no chance on working on yesterdays piece unless you can accurately find the edge again I have another CNC that homes and never have to worry about the homing function and its older than the new one.

We contact support and told them about the X-axis being skew, the homing being off, and the ATC seems to smashing tools into the holder (We lost 2 bits this way), as well as the spindle smashing into the ATC, they told us to stop complaining and fix it ourselves. So we did and while dissembling it we found out how shoddy their work is:

- one of the Y-axis motors jumps a tooth, we had a look and found that the cog/sprocket is only 45% on the rail we find that if we use the full extent of the bed it jumps a tooth shifting the gantry on one side causing it to become skew. We've made sure that motors are pressed up correctly to the rail and applied a temporary fix.

-The gantry is built with two columns when we took the main part of the gantry off the columns we found the column "flat surface" were hand ground with an angle grinder so the gantry is fixed to two unleveled columns, pretty sure our Z-Axis is not sitting 90degrees.

- We  have found bolts glued into holes that were stripped so instead of fixing it they just hotmelt glued the bolts into place.

-The ATC smashes into the spindle, we fixed this by applying a chamfer to the tool holder but it still nicks every now and then.

-There welding is terrible and have found metal filler in some of the seems.

-The powder coating was a half job as we have found sections under the gantry that weren't even covered bare exposed metal.

-Multiple bolts are loose, and in some pretty crucial areas our spindle had 2 loose, and one stripped and glued.

The only thing that was actually built by OMNI was the CNC bed, everything else was from other brands and thank goodness they are the only things that work properly, our spindle is great, the XYZ axis motors are golden, the Syntec Controller is basic but works like a charm. We are currently looking at scrapping the bed and building a new one ourselves.

Lesson learnt buy a decent CNC.

Message 16 of 21
omnicnc
in reply to: ross4FUBK

Hello Sir,

It is pity to see your unpleasure experience about omni cnc router. OMNI would like to make a compensation by offering tool bits or other measures for you. Contact us when you see this message. sales@omni-cnc.com

Here we make some explainations:

1. OMNI has strict audit standard for products. It is impossible to be delivered if the machine cutting test as you described.  And this is 1st time we receive such feedback that 5mm off to X. We assumed that this may be caused on the sea. 

2. About homing function, if you would like your way. Here is the way: 

Try to debug parameter 821 set to 2000, 822 set to 2000, 823 set to 2000, 841 set to 300, 842 set to 300, and 843 set to 200. Then adjust the sensing iron plate of the xyz three-axis sensor to a position 1mm away from the sensing head. If not clear how to set up, do not hesitate to contact support@omni-cnc.com.

3. Thanks for your feedback, we will enhance training on the aftersales service quality. 

4. Spindle try to smash ATC: Try to debug parameter 2801-2803 to set the tool change position.

5. Gantry column and gantry, the guide installation surface and column surface, all are milled by cnc milling machine made in USA. What you saw is that, sometimes, the painting be covered occasionaly, we use angle grinder to remove it. This will not affect the precision. 

6. Blot drilled into holes with glue is double ensure the solid. 

7.  We hire welding worker which with over 10 years experience in industry. I am not sure the metal filler you mean.

8. After powder coating of gantry, for ensuring the precision, we will use cnc milling machine to mill the installation surface of gantry again. Some powder coating may be milled, but this side is installed on the column, which will not be seen. This is for precision, not the half job as what you thought. 

In China, we have full industrial chain, so OMNI does not produce wire, nor motor, reducer, spindle, control system etc. We could reduce the machine cost owning to full industrial chain, low labor cost ( of couse it is not low now). Yes, we agree others are with other brands. 

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions again. Contact us for any question. 

Here share you another feedback from omni customer. Link: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/omni-cnc/411038-cnc.html

" Pictured is my table from below, I should get around checking if the piping has any possible leaks but just never seem to have the time for it. Worked fine so far regardless. At least my table to me has plenty of support underneath, the phenolic(?) vacuum table sit over some sort of spacing blocks that have been machined level. I haven't noticed any kind of flexing or bending and wouldn't expect it either, the machine works fairly light loads.

Also pictured the only real transport damage I had (besides a few spots of paint chip), mist unit's pressure gauge had received a bit of a knock on it but still works so nothing to even bother worrying about.

Then the electrical box, the silvery cable running loose is a network cable from my so far unsuccessful attempts of getting the network functionality working, maybe someone could throw a few tips at it? I tried asking about it from OMNI but if I remember right they just told me to look it up from Syntec (might be wrong but in either case didn't get it working). Spent hours on trying to get it working but it just doesn't want to connect.

One picture is right after machine was brought in, with most of wrapping and straps removed from top, machine was brought to us being already unloaded from container so don't know how it was packed in there, but at least all components were securely strapped and wrapped on top of table. Y axis servos and their covers had to be attached along with things like the mister (things that would make it too wide to fit in a container I assume), and the red cover 'gutters' at edges of table.

Whenever our machine isn't doing anything productive it serves as a sturdy work table for cutting sheeting etc.

If you have any more questions that you think I might be able to answer feel free to. I haven't had the opportunity to use machine anywhere as much as would have liked to, but just about everything so far has met my expectations or surpassed them. I didn't find any squareness or accuracy issues worth fixing (if at all), but again the for work I do even 0.1mm accuracy is more than enough.

Also Allen sadly I do not have any videos or pictures of machine doing work, but maybe one day..."

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous

Just a quick input from an OMNI user, in case another person was in my situation. 

I bought a OMNI 6090 without really knowing much about CAD/CAM and didn't really check if F360 was compatible. I have been trialing rhino, AUTOCAD, F360, Vcarve... eventually for my needs I set out to continue with the non commercial license of fusion which seems to be enough to handle my learning curve until I'll be ready to jump for the license.... 

Anyways, I don't come here to be reping for OMNI but I chose the machine based on some reviews and the value for a ready built machine was great. Even though the sale and delivery was less than pleasant, the tech support is almost inexistent, with redirection towards YouTube and Vlc clips which dates back from 1997, it felt daunting to say the least... However the machine turned up, virtually ready to go, and despite my very limited experience I was able to successfully cut at my very first attempt and within less than 2-3 days mocking around on the computer, so if I can do it anyone can! It sounds like the Syntech is a step above though!

That wouldn't be without an incredible amount of resource online I was able to understand rather quickly how it all fits together. 

When I first read the message on this board, while I was looking on how to handle the post processing and export the .nc file into the DSP controller - which by the way was easy as once the Richauto.cps was setup - I totally freaked out regarding buying that OMNI Cnc... 

As it turns out, everything is very clean, straight and accurate, the machine did exactly what I asked her... Probably could tweek some speed setting on both feed and spindle speed but I am sure it's gonna kick ass! Looking forward to start cutting some more! 

Thanks to the community and good luck with your OMNI, from what I have seen all those made in China CNC are the same and many people have got good results with it, so do not despair! 

Poor fella who had the wonky one and had to rebuild a bed, it sounds like a world of pain...  

Message 18 of 21
omnicnc
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Regarding your experience, would you like
to send us an email about the feedback or suggestion or anything you want
us to improve on?

We value your feedback and would like to hear your feedback. My email
address is: info@omni-cnc.com, whatsapp: 86 1861 5454808.
Message 19 of 21
santiagomolinasa

Hola como puedo calibrar los parametros del cambio de herramienta de un cnc syntec6mb ?

Message 20 of 21

¡Hola @santiagomolinasa !
Gracias por tu participación en los foros de Autodesk.

Te animo a que si participas en los foros en inglés, incluyas una traducción al inglés en tus respuestas, con tal de que las personas que participan en esa comunidad entiendan tus aportaciones.

Por otro lado, te animo también a que participes en la Comunidad en Español, de la cual yo soy el coordinador, y te esperaremos con los brazos abiertos!

Aquí tienes el link de la Comunidad en Español: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/espanol/ct-p/157

¡Hasta pronto y gracias por tu participación!
---
Hello !
Thank you for your participation in the Autodesk forums.

I encourage you if you participate in the forums in English, that you include an English translation in your answers, as long as the people who participate in that community understand your contributions.

On the other hand, I also encourage you to participate in the Community in Spanish, of which I am the coordinator, and we will wait for you with open arms!

Here you have the link of the Community in Spanish: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/espanol/ct-p/157

See you soon and thanks for your participation!
Translation by Google Translate

¿Te ha parecido útil este post? ¡Deja un like!
¿Tu pregunta ha sido solucionada? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución' y ayuda a las demás a encontrar fácilmente la información.

You found a post helpful? Then feel free to give likes to these posts!
Your question got successfully answered? Then just click on the 'Mark as solution'

Joaquim Moral
Community Manager
Spanish Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report