Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting extension

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eladm
220 Views, 2 Replies

Nesting extension

Hi

Is anybody know if:

Can I move a part after the nesting finished ?

Can I choose 2 parts (or more) and give a different item separation ?

regards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
frederik.mide
in reply to: eladm

The nesting study outputs a Manufacturing model containing copies of your original parts without being the parts being "bound" to your nest study. The manufacturing model design space has all the same features as your normal design space, such as Move, so yes you can move a part around after it has been nested.

Item separation, in the nest study, is a global parameter driving your entire nest study, so you can't have part-specific separation values, if that is what your are asking. If you need various separation values, I would consider running it as different nest studies or as different material packaging. 

Message 3 of 3
Engineering3M3X4E
in reply to: eladm

Not having a part specific separation that can override the global separation in a nest is very lacking in a modern nesting program (modern as being made in the last decade).  Not surprising though, considering on how slapped together and half thought out most aspects of fusion is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report