Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help setting up post for 5 axis positioning using machine cycle

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
verspaningKJTR4
153 Views, 1 Reply

Need help setting up post for 5 axis positioning using machine cycle

Hello,

Can anybody help with setting up the post in attachement to use the following cycle to position the 5 axis head?

The machine a Lagun GMB42 has a 5 axis positioning head with two body's wich can index by 2.5°.

i have included a machine model in attachement (its a work in proggres but it moves in the right directions)

The machine has a built in cycle for positioning both heads;

CYCL DEF  306

Q390= insert value here  ; front body

Q391= insert value here  ; rear body

you can position them using normal linear codes but then you need to unlock the heads by using following M codes and one head at a time.

M28 unlock rear body

M29 lock rear body

M35 unlock front body

M33 lock front body

Al the other codes for axis rotation is standard heidenhain code plane spatial wich i can see that this works in the post so that good i think.

feel free to contact me for more information.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards 

Sanne

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi

This would require some custom post modification to determine if the angles output by Fusion are one of the possible  head angles permitted by the machine then outputting the right values in the cycle 306.

Fusion machine sim would not likely simulate the head movements accurately so you would need to make sure the head is well clear of any obstacles before indexing(unless the control can index the head with some form of TCP)

You would be best to contact a Autodesk partner as these modifications are not necessarily straight forwards.

You can find a list here:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/partners?services=Machine%20Configuration,Post%20Processor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report