Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiaxis with 4th axis limit

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
preSHerMed
431 Views, 0 Replies

multiaxis with 4th axis limit

I'm attempting to machine the ID of a cylindrical part that is spit lengthwise.  Similar to the ID thread of an ACME half nut.  This is being machined on a Tormach 770 with 4th axis.

I've tried doing this with straight 3 axis but it doesn't provide the proper cut geometry.  I also tried machining the thread using a tool similar to a single point threadmill.  The diameter of the cutter alters the geometry of the ACME like thread.

The 2D contour with wrap generates a tool path with the tool on the OD only.  Also, the cylinder needs to be straight and mine has a 2 deg taper.

The multiaxis contour doesn't generate a rotating path in either 5 axis or with 4th axis limit in betamode.

Swarf generates nice tool paths in 5 axis but error's when posting.  With 4th axis limit it errors in Fusion due to contours not in 4th.  Also Height tab shows graphic which is perpendicular to what it should be.  If I change Z to rotational axis it then changes to correct orientation.

Haven't played with Flow too much but issues look to be same.

Has anyone had success with something similar?  The most promising seems to be the 2D contour if I can get the tool orientation to flip 180 deg.  Had read in another post that the tapered cylinder feature is being worked on.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report