Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Morph CAM operation on wood carving

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
bcapshew
166 Views, 0 Replies

Morph CAM operation on wood carving

Having a CAM issue on this wooden slab that I am carving. There are 22 small grooves that each have a rough pocketing operation and then morph to finish the bottom of each. The roughing operations use a 1/4" flat endmill and the finishing passes use a 3/16" ballnose. This strategy worked fine for the large grooves and 21/22 but for some reason the morph toolpath will not work on frontmost of the small grooves. My initial thought is that since this groove is the deepest, that maybe the tool could not reach. I modified the ballnose bit to make it longer but still no luck.

The fillet radius at the bottom of the smaller grooves all match that of the ballnose. Could it be that the gaps between the grooves is too small? I'm out of ideas on how to fix this and need this off my CNC!

Here is a link to my model: https://a360.co/2KEzBJF

This is my first time posting to this forum so please let me know what additional information is needed. 

Labels (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report