Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Water Jet Feature(?!) and CAM notes.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
El8ias
893 Views, 5 Replies

Missing Water Jet Feature(?!) and CAM notes.

In F360 version 2.0.1596, while starting to set up a part in CAM I noticed the Water Jet option is missing. Did this feature get removed with the latest update or moved to a new menu? Will it return soon? 

CAM.png

For future versions of the Water Jet tool, it would be great if files could be set up for the FlowJet file formats and other common machines. 

Further more, for overall CAM, please add the ability to efficiently duplicate / drag and drop "Set Up Patterns" accross a specified material's dimensions as well as adjustable Pattern nesting tools w/ really fast and efficiant traverse paths. 

We should be able to set up a master "Pattern" file then easily plug in the material dimensions and the number of parts to be tooled. An algorithim should warn us if the input values go over the confines of the material dimensions. Should simply be able to set up to cut 1 Pattern or 1000 and anyting in between that the material dimensions will allow. -Make sense? 

Eli DElia
Lead Designer Aerial Sport League

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: El8ias

To enable Waterjet cutting you need to go to preferences, select Preview in the left side window and then check the box next to "CAM - Waterjet/Laser/Plasma cutter support".

Dave

Message 3 of 6
El8ias
in reply to: Anonymous

That fixed it, thanks! I totally forgot about that. Much appreciated. 

Eli DElia

Message 4 of 6
El8ias

That did resolve the Water Jet options but I do want to keep ideas on how to improve CAM pattern flow alive. Maybe start a new thread? 

Eli DElia

Message 5 of 6
jeff.walters

@El8ias wrote:

That did resolve the Water Jet options but I do want to keep ideas on how to improve CAM pattern flow alive. Maybe start a new thread? 

What you have above sounds more like nesting than pattern. The good news is that there are some plans to add some form of nesting down the road.

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 6 of 6
MattWynn

There are several new/improved waterjet / laser / plasma posts that will be in September release.  Do you have a Flow right now you need support for?

And yeah, nesting.  For big time industrial nesting, there is Autodesk TruNEST, see http://www.autodesk.com/products/trunest/overview

Matt Wynn
Senior Manager, Software Development, Fusion Fabrication

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report