Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimize tool change doing nothing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mikeNCNTL
178 Views, 4 Replies

Minimize tool change doing nothing

I am hoping someone can help me. Once upon a time the "minimize tool change" option actually did something. Now, not matter what I do, I am unable to get an nc program that reorders anything. I have tried enabling the preview feature for NC Program, I have tried to post from the parent setup folder, by highlighting the setup(s) I want, from actions... same result. 

All tools between setups are from the same library folder etc. Nothing gets re-ordered

Thanks, 

MM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: mikeNCNTL

When you program, do you select the same tool from the Cloud or Local Library and then use that, or do you select it from the Document library?

2021-02-10_11h12_38.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
mikeNCNTL
in reply to: seth.madore

All my tools for this are coming from the location in this screen shot. 

mikeNCNTL_0-1612973957684.png

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: mikeNCNTL

So there's the thing. The correct flow for Minimize Toolchanges to work is this:
Program your first toolpath, select from the Local Library.

Program the second toolpath. If the TOOL is the same as what was in Toolpath 1, select the tool from the Current Document library, shown above in my last photo,

When you take a tool each time out of the Local or Cloud Library, it creates a new copy and new ID number. Fusion doesn't know that they are in fact the same tool, hence, why Minimize Toolchange doesn't work

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
mikeNCNTL
in reply to: seth.madore

I did not know that at all!. Thank you so much !!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report