Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milling thin slot with slitting saw difficulties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
248 Views, 3 Replies

Milling thin slot with slitting saw difficulties

Hello all,

First time posting here so sorry for any missing items or information. I am having difficulties generating a tool path using a slitting saw for a slot I need machined. The issue is it is very deep and I haven't been able to find an end mill that would reach nor would I want to. I need a little help in what parameters I need to generate such a tool path to get radial tool engagement only as well as multi radially depths of cut using a 1 inch OD slitting saw. I just placed a sample part of the part I am actually going to make as an example. Thoughts and comments on a way I could make this slot would be greatly appreciated. I've tried to attach a sample file of the part however i continue to get an upload error. If you need more information please feel free to ask and I will do my best.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

That looks like an Inventor or SW part. Are you using Fusion for this?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: seth.madore

Yes I just took a screen shot for visualization of the wire frame. I have the part in fusion but it is not allowing me to upload a .fdz file. I have figured out so far if I remove the curved section and run it as a 2D contour it is fine but I would like to have the radius in there.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

Toss it into a .zip folder and attach it that way, that should work.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report