Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Inspection

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Lonnie.Cady
394 Views, 5 Replies

Manual Inspection

I have a couple of questions and comments about the manual inspection.  I know it is in preview and not 100% ready but thought we would try it out.

One thing I am not seeing why there is a difference between Error and Deviation shown in the below image.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Lonnie.Cady
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

Can someone delete this post.   I had some screen shots and questions but when I submitted it I got an invalid html error and it cut the post off.  

Message 3 of 6

Hi @Lonnie.Cady 

Deviation is the amount the measured results is different to the nominal value.
Error is how far the measured value is out of tolerance.

So if you have 50mm ±0.1 as a nominal and tolerance.

A measured value of 50.15 will have a deviation of 0.15 and a error of 0.05.

A measured value of 50.08 will have a deviation of 0.08 and a error of 0.0 as it is within tolerance.

Richard Stubley
Product Manager - Fusion Mechanical Design
Message 4 of 6

I cant delete your post but feel free to add the screenshots in another post. 

Richard Stubley
Message 5 of 6

Hello @Richard.stubley 

I understand the error and deviation. The below screen shots may be indicating a bug.

So when I record the inspection I get the below screen shot.  In this case the error should be zero????  Not sure where .00028" is coming from.

Screenshot 2020-09-11 074946.png

If I edit the recorded inspection I get this.

Screenshot 2020-09-11 075257.png

The error is now zero as expected but the tolerance seems to be converted to metric.  

Are there any plans to offer more than bilateral tolerances?   There are may different combinations that are needed.

+/-.0005

+.0000/-.00005

+.0005/-.0000

+.0003/+.0005

-.0005/-.0009

-.0003/+.0005

Any plans to allows us to customize the template?  Maybe some sort of template builder are the ability to at least select what columns we want displayed.

Message 6 of 6

Hi @Lonnie.Cady

Thank you for showing this, this is something we know about and have fixed for an upcoming update. 
Bi lateral tolerances will also be coming soon.

As far as a report template you can edit this is on the road-map but it is behind a few other times we want to sort/add first.

Thank you for using manual measure and please let us know the more you use it and what you think. 

Richard Stubley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report